Tool Thieves!!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Tool Thieves!!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Maz1997

If things are bad enough just now some scummy ******* who probably isnt even intelligent enough to use it has knocked my socket set off the site im on just now. What ****in low life does that? It wasnt that expensive and my fluke tester was sat right next to it. Honestly:(:(

we caught a labourer stealing on a site in southwick, sunderland. The joiners nail-gunned him to a fence by his clothes and left him overnight...we all got our gear back and he was let down next day. Strange though...he never came back for his wages...hehehehe

I caught one of our eastern european cousins sweeping my tools into the bin a couple of years ago.... struck me as odd as it was the only work he'd done all day, lucky I checked there were loads of mine and other's hand tools in the bins. Apparently they come back later and go through the bins for it, then all of a sudden next week they are on site as sparks......

I have had a brand new Bahco set ruined on site before, they took a big handful of the different socket tips and left it useless, basically just left the handle and a few sockets, somebody piped up with a chuckle when they seen me sulking and looking at the open box "Thats the size they use for Mountain bikes that is missing.......ask if anybody cyles a bike here hahahahaha" I went into the tool shop where I had bought it on a special offer sale at 45 pounds and it was back up to 79.99, couldnt afford to just replace it at the time, have since bought a new one at full price.....was not very happy myself...

I just had a thought, its up to all of you reading but I was thinking maybe MAZ1997 (dont know real name sorry) could go and look for a socket set on ebay, contact the seller/store and ask if they would be willing to accept for example 20 individual payments of 1 pound from different people for a 15 pound socket set and postage for example, then let us know which seller he/she has selected, if a few of us put 50p or a pound in, he/she could get a new socket set to replace the one that got stolen...
Dont get angry with me on here or anything I just thought about it as I was working on a site once, one of the boys was getting the mick taken for having crap tools (just finished training) and went out on a weekend and spent over a hundred pounds on tools and a nice new bag to put them in,he went for his lunch on the following Tuesday and put the bag under a suspended floor tile (the metal flooring on support stilts that has tray and basket underneath it) and when he came back the whole lot was gone so somebody must have been watching him,he walked off site and came back the next day, he was a good guy to work with and everybody felt bad for what had happened so we all put a fiver in and two of the boys slipped off site at 2PM on the wednesday, arrived back at just before 5 having been into town and bought a new set of tools and a bag for him,all still in the wrappers, you should have seen his face...

MAZ 1997, dont be offended or think that its a charity case or something, I am pretty sure you can buy all your own tools, just take it as a community spirit thing on behalf of the members of this forum to show support for others who have been hit by tool thieves on site...

what do you guys think? I'll put in a %

have a good day :)

Van robbed 2 times over many years but not too bad. working with others on a Job.... 100% guarantee something "shiny" will go missing.

Its cool Mate, Im buying a bahco one at the weekend to replace it. Thanks though. It just really ****** me off as I bought it in australia and you cant buy them here. Been checking round the site im on last two days giving everyone shady looks! everyone thinks im looking for a fight!!

Last edited by a moderator:
what make was it? I have friends in Australia, I have tools from the USA that somebody lifted once, got them straight back as I had marked them in a few hidden places, and the trail was still warm, that coupled with the fact that they were not available over here made sure I got them back...

It was a stanley 40pc set in a little yellow metal case, ideal for a crowded tool box. Think it was only 45 bucks. It was nowt special just really handy. Ive seen them on ebay australia just need to msg the seller see if they'll post to the uk.

I don't get this thing about stealing a guys tools. It doesn't get any lower than robbing the way a guy makes a living for his family, it makes me frikking furious just reading about it....I just don't get it..

Reply to Tool Thieves!!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net