Trace heating domestic.... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Trace heating domestic.... in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone has installed trace heating on a domestic job before?

Would like to find out a bit more info if poss, pros/cons, price etc ? As my plumber mate reckons we might have a bit of a market with all these burst pipes.

Many Thanks,

Sy

Same here only ever installed once before when we were doing a factory refurb....

Suppose it's just a back up really, bit of supplemantry protection... if all else fails and the lagging isnt that great.

Last edited:
I install them when requested.
There is huge demand for them at the moment as quite a lot of people have been caught out. The people who have been caught out are then telling everyone they know to ensure they have it installed.
Only other problem now is that demand is exceeding supply. They are like gold dust.
I heard a plumber that i know say that he makes his own

I come across this type of small domestic installation a lot. I have been involved in installations for water pipes but also for condensate pipes for condensing boilers. I have found the easiest product to work with to be the Raychem FrostGuard kit. Just need to attach it to the pipe, then plug it in. The kit has a plug already included. I have also just done an installation using the new controller for FrostGuard kits too. It's called FrostGuard-ECO. Make life pretty easy to be honest and it is a good service for my customers

Reply to Trace heating domestic.... in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net