TradesCollege.org electrical training | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss TradesCollege.org electrical training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello i had an interview with a trade college for renewable energy and i have C&G qualifications in domestic electrical installation. (Tradescollage.org which is also tradescollage.co.uk )
I’m new to doing trade colleges and dont know if these places are scams as they all talk about NVQ qualifications instead of C&G which is strange as college offers these qualifications at a fraction of the cost.

my worry is the website has two sites. One .org & the other .co.uk. The Facebook page was only active this year and i cant find the company registration number on the site.
they claim i can have full funding but it will cost me £7k over 3 years? Seems steep for NVQ qualifications when my C&G electrical domestic was around £5k at a adult college.
oh, also a £60 register fee for joining the college.

thanks for anything help and advice.

TL;DR
Is tradescollege.org a legitimate company or one that uses salesmen and whatnot?
Last edited by a moderator:
These sites/schemes have a legal obligation to give you all the details of an exit strategy, email them or record any phone calls you have when you request the information if it isn't contractually made clear, if they fail to inform you you may have a position to bring the ombudsman in.

Upvote 0
I signed up to the course and the credit agreement and luckily I decided against it after researching a bit further into it. I rang the credit company and backed out of the agreement as the terms allowed me to back out before 14 days prior. I’m glad I did this and I would recommend no one to start this course, go a better route.

Upvote 0
Hi, how did you back out of it all in the end? I have recently signed up however i am now having serious doubts- i was reassured there was a "14 day cooling off period", I am unable to find information about how i can withdraw my application as the college has not provided any contact details. apparently going through the "training advisor" is invalid, however they have not provided any other details? im 99.9% certain this is a complete sham and not how genuine legit colleges work. Any advice on how you got out is very much appreciated. Thankyou
Please let me know if you find out any information on how to back out. I’m in the same situation as you.

Upvote 0
I signed up to the course and the credit agreement and luckily I decided against it after researching a bit further into it. I rang the credit company and backed out of the agreement as the terms allowed me to back out before 14 days prior. I’m glad I did this and I would recommend no one to start this course, go a better route.
What credit company do you have to call? I’m in the same situation as you can Cabot afford to loose money!

Upvote 0

Reply to TradesCollege.org electrical training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net