Transformer & Motor FLC | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Transformer & Motor FLC in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Knobhead

If anyone would like a copy of a Excel spreadsheet for calculating the FLC of motors & transformers PM me with your Email address and I'll send it

It doesn’t take in to account efficiency, etc. but I’ve found it useful over the years since I put it together.
If you can think of any other calculations to add to it let me know.

I did say let me know if there's anything missing :rolleyes:

Give me a few hours to get it ready :eek: (I'm cooking Sunday lunch) :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Sunday lunch (burp, f**t, hic)

Will mail out new spreadsheet tomorrow morning

And by the way it doesn’t work for synchronous motors running at leading PF

You can work that one out for yourselves.
Or if your old enough look in your electricians little red bible.

Send it again Lenny, I should have put all forum e-mail addresses in to one directory but I didn’t.

I’m in the throws of altering the PF spreadsheet so it can be used for multiple drives with different KW and PF ratings. It’s giving me a headache at the moment. One thing to remember with multiple drives is don’t switch the PF in until about 2/3rds of the loading is up and running.

I’ve just added a calculation to the 3ph spreadsheet to calculate the neutral current in an unbalanced 3ph load. PM me with your E-Mail address if you want a copy.

PS it doesn’t take PF in to account, if you want that, take up DIY!

I’m sorry to say this is in response to an abusive PM from a now permanently banned member with zero posts.
This wasn’t the first such PM from a new member although the first to be abusive.

I’ve now decided to spell out MY rules.

The very much altered spreadsheet is available to established members only.

Over the years it has grown massively from the original as I think of things to add.
It is aimed at the professional electrician to make their life easier. Not trainees wanting a crib sheet, sorry.

If you want a copy, PM your e-mail address and I'll send it ASAP.

It doesn’t take in to account efficiency, etc. but I’ve found it useful over the years since I put it together.
If you can think of any other calculations to add to it let me know.
If you want one that does take account of efficiency and power factor, I have made one.

If you don't actually have that information, I have developed an interactive motor model that estimates it from typical nameplate data.

If anyone is interested.

They're in it now along with a lot of other stuff. Since 2010 it’s never stopped growing due to other equations being added.

Good point Lee Think it is time to close it, I just can't believe it spanned 5 years with only 18 posts.

Reply to Transformer & Motor FLC in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net