TT Rcd........ | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss TT Rcd........ in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rigged

Here's one .....attended a commercial site, TP&N , TT System for a small fault ( quickly rectified) upon looking round the site which comprises of incoming position ( small shed) and 2 other buildings ( workshop and pumphouse) , I noticed that there was no rcd protection anywhere on the site !! We advised the customer and was instructed to fit one at the origin, to cover the whole installation. The only one we could quickly was a 30 ma 4 pole . The original rcd was found under a pile of leaves in the incoming building. We re energised the system, but it would not stay on....we tracked down the 'problem' to the irrigation system, which was promptly isolated. Hey presto ... Upon talking to the irrigation company about the 'fault' in their equipment, they told us that the internal inverters would be causing this problem and that they always remove Rcd's when they install their equipment !!!!!!!!This would explain the rcd hidden in the leaves......and the replacement main switch.....Customer not happy about the extra cost to install 300 ma rcd at origin and then split supplies, add more downstream rcd's etc just to keep irrigation going.

Reply to TT Rcd........ in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Regarding the EV, it’s an Ohme charger which I believe has a type A RCD built in, setup would be: 50A RCBO to feed garage db Garage db has no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think there is a little truth in what the guy in the video says, but he makes more out of it than he should. A N-E fault on a circuit protected...
Replies
Views
  • Question
much more information required. Is the supply to the first building a DNO supply or a sub main cable from another building ? if it is a sub main...
Replies
Views
I am living in the north of Thailand outside of the big city. That means in the rainy season we have multiple times per week power outages...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Protection from what? What kind of problem with the inverter is going to be helped by having an RCD on the circuit?
Replies
Views
davesparks
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks