Turn signal problem | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Turn signal problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My car a highly modified 1951 Studebaker, which was professionally wired (but with some issues I had to fix) now has a problem with the turn indicators. They had been working normally until recently. Now they work just fine as long as the head lights ae off. As soon as the headlights or parking lights are turned on the flashing stops. Also, the 4-way flashers also do not work when the headlights or parking lights are turned on. I have gone over the wiring as much as I can without tearing it all apart and have found no problems. The taillight bulbs are Leds, but the front turn indicator/parking lights are incandescent bulbs. I have Led compatible flashers for both the turn indicators as well as the 4-way flashers. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Larry

I would be looking for a bad earth connection somewhere.

maybe unbalanced... the flasher might be looking for all LED.

To a control unit thats designed for LED, something like a filiment bulb will appear as just a piece of resistive wire.

Thanks for the replies. I got tow led bulbs for the front parking lights and now it doesn't flash at all. I double checked the supposed led flashers I got, and they are not led compatible, my mistake. So, I will get led compatible flashers and see.

Ok, after trying two different flashers supposedly for Led bulbs, I got one that also has a ground wire, and it worked. I now have operating turn signals and 4-way flashers. Again, thanks for the help. Larry

Reply to Turn signal problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net