Urgent help on form filling!!!!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Urgent help on form filling!!!!! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

noidea

Hi all
I really need some help on filling out the Schedule of Test Results form.
I have an interview tomorrow within the firm I work for. They want to know if I am ready to be put through the Part P assesment. As part of this interview I need to show some test results, inspection forms and installation forms. I have done several jobs in my own home and a couple for friends and family, all of which I have tested and issued the relevant forms for.
I have just noticed that where it says 'Overcurrent Device 4* Short-circuit capacity' on the 'Schedule of test Results, I have left this blank. I guess I just didn't notice it. What is this referring to and where will I find this information? I have checked the 'On Site Guide' and it says Short circuit of the device is noted. What is the device it is referring to? I have also looked at table 7.4, but I'm afraid it didn't mean much to me.
I have asked this question before but only out of interest, and no disrespect to those who answered, but it didn't really help me. But now I really need to know!
Secondly, on the Installation forms there is a section titled, 'Main Switch or Circuit Breaker' What is the difference in the Current Rating and the Fuse Rating or setting. In my home I have an 30ma RCD that is also a 63amp main breaker. How would I fill in this part of the form.
And lastly on the same form the 'Supply Protective Devive Characteristics' question. Is this talking about the suppliers fuse?
Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

If I can trust my 64 year old grey matter, short circuit capacity of overcurrent device refers to the MCB or fuse supplying the circuit, this ia usually found and is usually 6kA. the supply overcurrent device is the suppliers fuse. usually BS1361. Most times you can't find out the current rating without cutting the seals and taking the fuse out. hope this helps. regads, TEL.

Hi all
I really need some help on filling out the Schedule of Test Results form.
I have an interview tomorrow within the firm I work for. They want to know if I am ready to be put through the Part P assesment. As part of this interview I need to show some test results, inspection forms and installation forms. I have done several jobs in my own home and a couple for friends and family, all of which I have tested and issued the relevant forms for.
I have just noticed that where it says 'Overcurrent Device 4* Short-circuit capacity' on the 'Schedule of test Results, I have left this blank. I guess I just didn't notice it. What is this referring to and where will I find this information? I have checked the 'On Site Guide' and it says Short circuit of the device is noted. What is the device it is referring to? I have also looked at table 7.4, but I'm afraid it didn't mean much to me.
I have asked this question before but only out of interest, and no disrespect to those who answered, but it didn't really help me. But now I really need to know!You need to note the breaking capacity of the device protecting that circuit....3871 and 60898 mcb's are usually 6ka but the plug in ones are sometimes 3ka...the rating is normally printed on the device...often in a code...M6 would mean 6ka, The breaking capacity of the device should be greater than the measured PSC
Secondly, on the Installation forms there is a section titled, 'Main Switch or Circuit Breaker' What is the difference in the Current Rating and the Fuse Rating or setting. In my home I have an 30ma RCD that is also a 63amp main breaker. How would I fill in this part of the form.Main switches have a current rating....this is the maximum load they are designed to take,this is the rating you should use on the form...If your main switch is 63a this is the value you would fill in
And lastly on the same form the 'Supply Protective Devive Characteristics' question. Is this talking about the suppliers fuse? Yes...the fuse in the service head,usually the characteristics are printed on the carrier....
Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Good luck with your assessment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Urgent help on form filling!!!!! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net