Currently reading:
Using an EU PAT testing device

Discuss Using an EU PAT testing device in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, first post here.

I'm looking to buy my first PAT testing device and I've been looking at the Megger PAT400 range. I've found this used PAT410 but after looking at the images I see that the plug socket on the top is an EU one and the leads that come with it are also European. I am testing in England.

The voltage and frequency should be the same 230V 50Hz. I'm concerned that using a plug adapter will increase resistance and make my reading inaccurate. I can't find any information on this online. Can anybody advise me on this?
[ElectriciansForums.net] Using an EU PAT testing device

I have the PAT 410 and it has a standard UK socket fitted and all leads are for the UK. Is the image you are looking at generic or just wrong? Its a great bit of kit but it is very heavy.

If the adaptor is well made then any affects on the results are probably negligible just don't use a 2m length of 0.50 flex keep it short with suitable cable so the earth bond difference is immaterial.

Just null the test adaptor the same as you would for the leads.

Or if this facility isn't available subtract the resistance of the test adaptor from your results

Personally it would annoy me having to use adaptors all the time. Can't you buy a proper UK one?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Using an EU PAT testing device in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electricians on FB Group

Electricians Forums on FB

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back