Validity of old qualifications | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Validity of old qualifications in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Despite having read the forum posts for months now this is my first post so apologies if its an old question or posted in the wrong place.

Anyway I qualified as an in 1980 having done some HTEC certificates as part of a 4 year apprenticeship. However, rather than stay on with my company I went full time and finished a HND in Electical Engineering. Since then I have left the industry to work on project management blah blah but have always kept up to date and always anticipated returning some time.

However, here's the question I am told that my original qualifications don't count for my and that I would have to start all over. Can anyone confirm this and help me understand it as I clearly don't mind updating but to just ignore everything I completed seems a bit odd.

Other than that great site guys and the info shared in your posts is welcomed and a credit to the trade

TumbleDNA

Reply to Validity of old qualifications in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Jumping on and off jobs can be tough going when you're less than confident as every time you go back it's like a new job. that you know little...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
Except where provided by the EV charging equipment, protection against DC fault currents shall be provided by: (i) an RCD Type B, or (ii) an RCD...
Replies
Views
  • Question
On putting a date on old cables the makers used to use a letter system. This was certainly used on pilc cables and sometimes in lead sheathed...
Replies
Views
I've seen a few posts here which tend to suggest that wiring in a motorhome (or caravan) wouldn't be subject to normal inspection rules, but even...
Replies
Views
Often in old wiring, live to the downstairs switch, then in twin (or twin & earth) the two switched lives to the upstairs switch, and a single...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks