Very SMART, this meter!!! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Very SMART, this meter!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
[ElectriciansForums.net] Very SMART, this meter!!! [ElectriciansForums.net] Very SMART, this meter!!!

So I came across this new meter yesterday....never seen one before but basically, you turn the little white plastic screw to the right of the the red sealed bit
and this isolates the line supply. Then you remove the cover and fit your tails, put the cover back and turn the white screw again to turn supply back on!!! Simpless. You cant get the cover off with out isolating the the line, so no need for a seal. Great idea, I just wonder why they dont now fit these as standard????? Any one else come across em????

Jay

P.S Big shout out go's to darkwood for his help full tip on installing google chrome, so I can insert my pics on this forum....and my enter button works now!!

:punk:

sse have been using these for a few years now.
in my experience not on every meter change but certainly on every meter change where a rewire is in progress or about to be in progress.

Reply to Very SMART, this meter!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net