visual prep for part p assessment | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss visual prep for part p assessment in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GLENNSPARK

Afternoon boys n girls.....
Just been having a quick look round the install at my mothers house as this will be the site for my part p assessment.....a few things here.....some cables clipped on edge (2)...a 1.5 radial unsupported near the ceiling in the kitchen feeding a surface mounted socket on the wall (2) and one cable unsupported flying out of the wall near the ceiling which i suspect was for the feed and switch wire for lighting (2).....existing discharge batten on the wall being fed from flex to a BS1363 plugtop (2) earthing to the property is TNS hepworth braid secured to DNO sheath with a BS951.....the main bonding needs an upgrade (2) dis board is a 6 way BS 3036 (4) tails need upgrading (2) old colours (4)...etc ..etc......nothing that cant be sorted easily.....my approach here is to give it a PIR first so i can test to see if any cabling is shot..or theres the borrowed neutral etc...just to give me a starting point really......but the problem is theres not going to be enough room to fit a 10 way split load board here within the existing space vacated by the BS3036......was thinking about ringing the energy supplier to ask em if they can move their meter over a bit to give me the required room.....theres a henley block here for the MET that i can move myself....its just the meter......how do you rate my chances of being successful in getting em out to move it over for me?:D

Reply to visual prep for part p assessment in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
No, but I needed to get the Xmas tree down, and Mrs M was giving me grief. So I carried out a dynamic risk assessment, and deemed the risks...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
  • Question
By retired electrician, I mean that I have retained my ticket but no longer do installation work. Thanks for the clarification. I missed that it...
Replies
Views
Thanks all for your comments, advice and suggestions. The following is probably pretty boring for most, and is simply a summary of how the job...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me here. Below, I've pasted a sketch showing how my oven is currently wired up, followed by 3...
Replies
Views
Many thanks, that's helpful. I think it might be possible to make permanently dead the cabling running to the existing cooker switch, so on...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks