Vphase VX1 problem | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Vphase VX1 problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sion1234

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, I'm just in need of help.

Moved into a house about 6 months ago. We have solar panels with the box etc under the stairs, but the previous owner has also had a Vphase VX1 voltage optimiser installed (I'm guessing as part of the solar package) as its wired into the solar box as well as the electricity board.
However, yesterday the vphase box started making an intermittent clicking noise (ever 30 seconds roughly) like it's tripping? . I have turned the electricity off and back on to see if this would reset it but no luck. The only time it will stop clicking is when a high amount of electricity is being used, for example when I boil the kettle.. It doesn't click. As soon as the kettle boils... It begins to click again.

Anyone have any idea on what is happening and how I can resolve it?

Kind regards

Bulb has a smart meter experimental tariff:

1600 -1900 hrs (Dinner cooking time) 29.75p per kWh
2300-0700 hrs (overnight) 7.45p per kWh
other times 12.19p per kWh.

Standing charge 20.44p per day.

This is in SE London, other areas may vary slightly.
which appears to agree with my prediction in post #10. cheap leccy when you're not using much (if any); expensive leccy when you need to use more.

which appears to agree with my prediction in post #10. cheap leccy when you're not using much (if any); expensive leccy when you need to use more.
So they cannot change the tariff 'at will', only within the agreed times. Electricity costs vary throughout the day so if that is the tariff you choose then so be it. I choose to have a fixed tariff therefore I pay the same for every kWh I use until the end of my contract. Why choose a tariff with a cheap period when you know you're not going to be using it?
[automerge]1567010219[/automerge]

Reply to Vphase VX1 problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back