VQ Training - NVQ 2356 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss VQ Training - NVQ 2356 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

russty

Anybody have any information on these training providers please. Tryed do search through past posts but the keyword search is to small.
Spoke to one of there representives last week about the course they are running and im definatly intrested, just after some reassurance what with the £600 that ill be paying out, that its value for money.
Been in the trade 2 and half years and planning on subbying between compinies, wondering if gathering my evidence from different compinies is ok to do?

Cheers

An Nvq in the end hopefully!!!
All your evidence is submitted via a online e-portfolio and there are no on site visits by an assessor, it apparently allows you to complete in your own time at your own pace.

Upvote 0
I have heard of pepole who used these and have had no problems as far as i am aware, lots of questions to answer online (a lot of which are typical stupid C&G questions) i can help with the answers if you need it.

then send in the photos (it does not matter where they come from as long as its documented and you cover all aspects required.)

£600 Is a fair price for Nvq3 some places charging upto £1600

i believe i looked into doing my nvq with these until i found a local college who did it for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I have heard of pepole who used these and have had no problems as far as i am aware, lots of questions to answer online (a lot of which are typical stupid C&G questions) i can help with the answers if you need it.

then send in the photos (it does not matter where they come from as long as its documented and you cover all aspects required.)

£600 Is a fair price for Nvq3 some places charging upto £1600

i believe i looked into doing my nvq with these until i found a local college who did it for free.

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunatly no colleges are near me are provided it so its down this route. Dont mind paying the money and getting the qualifiction in the end but you hear horror storys somtime of wasted time and money and i dont want to fall into that trap!!

Upvote 0
think the only problem you may have is that once signed up a lot of training providers give you no further support - however there are a host of people on here who will guide you through

Upvote 0
There is also one called Delta Electrical training. They charge about £550 + vat and its all done on line. But you need to have 2 years experince so they dont have to do site visits.

Upvote 0
One of our lads signed up with VQ training and has heard nothing.

Apparently he's been emailing them for an "induction" and gets fobbed off with excuses although they've taken the money.

I said I'd ask the question on here and see if anyone else has had a problem, the boss hasn't been so understanding as he said "all along" he should have gone to the local college.

Upvote 0
One of our lads signed up with VQ training and has heard nothing.

Apparently he's been emailing them for an "induction" and gets fobbed off with excuses although they've taken the money.

I said I'd ask the question on here and see if anyone else has had a problem, the boss hasn't been so understanding as he said "all along" he should have gone to the local college.

I cant see this being true, I know the people involved and they would not ignore emails etc and certainly not take money and fail to deliver. I cant see any company delivering NVQ's behaving like this mate.

Upvote 0
Hi I am registered for the NVQ lv3 with VQ training it used to be under VQ solutions but now VQ training have taken over the running and payment fees I am in touch with them and they had told me to stop my payments because they were taking over the fees side of things
if ya want the email then pm me as i have them for the assesor , internal verifier etc
\You have to get witness statements signed and take pictures for your evidence to back up what work you carried out and complete write ups on how you carried out the different units
you can gather work and evidence from voluntary or different firms as long as your supervisor will sign evidence and may be telephoned to check there qualifications etc to see if they are suitable
I hope they are Ok as I have paid two installments and have 4 more to pay

Upvote 0
Hi I am registered for the NVQ lv3 with VQ training it used to be under VQ solutions but now VQ training have taken over the running and payment fees I am in touch with them and they had told me to stop my payments because they were taking over the fees side of things
if ya want the email then pm me as i have them for the assesor , internal verifier etc
\You have to get witness statements signed and take pictures for your evidence to back up what work you carried out and complete write ups on how you carried out the different units
you can gather work and evidence from voluntary or different firms as long as your supervisor will sign evidence and may be telephoned to check there qualifications etc to see if they are suitable
I hope they are Ok as I have paid two installments and have 4 more to pay

I think Neil sorted it with the help of sparksflying...... That's how he found out about the email address change. I didn't really have a good chance to talk to him as I'd been summoned for a................... telling off... lets call it...

Upvote 0
Hi
I am an electrical assessor/IV and have worked for a number of providers including the ones mentioned in these posts. May I just say that all providers mentioned are an excellent choice to gain this level 3 NVQ and at a realistic price to the working man or woman.
VQ Training is a sub division of VQ Solutions (Harrogate) who's electrical learners are now being assessed/IV'd by XS Training which purely delivers electrical NVQ's and is working with of VQ Solutions as stated.

Which ever provider is chosen to complete the said course will not be disappointed!

I now assess/IV for XS Training LTD and all its learners are informed they can contact me and other staff day/evenings and weekends for inductions, advice and guidance on any of the NVQ.

Upvote 0
Hi mate

I have registered with Vq for the nvq and a few weeks ago was told to cancel all payments to VQ solutions as i was told from assesor that VQ training will be taking over the payments has this all been sorted now
so who is ow running the nvq and who do the payments go to now

cheers

Upvote 0
Hi
Payments always went to VQ Solutions and will continue to do so. You will be contacted next week with the details, no change to your NVQ or assessors etc.

Upvote 0
Is there any further update on this.

We put the company through our credit control system and it flagged as HIGH RISK

Odds of Financial Stress
(next 12 months) 4.00 / 1

Monthly Credit Guide
16/07/2011 - £0
16/06/2011 - £1000

It also flagged the following companies as being connected on the credit file.

07416085 - VQ TRAINING LIMITED - 22/10/2010
07671384 - VQ TRAINING LEEDS LIMITED - 15/06/2011
06504179 - VQ SOLUTIONS LTD - 14/02/2008

No CCJs/Scottish Decrees are recorded in our file.

( No Payment Analysis Data is Available )

No accounts filed since inception. We anticipate that accounts will be filed at Companies House and available for inspection within 22 months from the date of incorporation

DISCLAIMER,

*** PLEASE NOTE *** This is FREELY available PUBLIC information and NOT the opinion of RWJ or electriciansforums.net

For further information contact a reputable credit agency (Experian, D&B, or others) who can explain the credit report in greater detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Reply to VQ Training - NVQ 2356 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks