VQ Training - NVQ 2356 | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss VQ Training - NVQ 2356 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

russty

Anybody have any information on these training providers please. Tryed do search through past posts but the keyword search is to small.
Spoke to one of there representives last week about the course they are running and im definatly intrested, just after some reassurance what with the £600 that ill be paying out, that its value for money.
Been in the trade 2 and half years and planning on subbying between compinies, wondering if gathering my evidence from different compinies is ok to do?

Cheers

I had a email from my assessor as I was posting to cobbydale above who works for them
My assessor said everything was fine and to just start uploading stuff to begin
he said he was going on holiday and would look through the pics with me
and that I would recieve new payment details as of yet othing beginnig to think i should have paid more and gone with Delta training but i will wait and see what the assesor says first and will be seaking assurances that everything is ok before paying further payments

Upvote 0
I had a email from my assessor as I was posting to cobbydale above who works for them
My assessor said everything was fine and to just start uploading stuff to begin
he said he was going on holiday and would look through the pics with me
and that I would recieve new payment details as of yet othing beginnig to think i should have paid more and gone with Delta training but i will wait and see what the assesor says first and will be seaking assurances that everything is ok before paying further payments

Ive already submitted an assessment under the iVQ training and waiting for another now under this new scheme. Ive paid my fee in full to VQ, should i have anything to worry about?

Upvote 0
He was listed as a director of the company when we did the credit search.

Still not sure if you need to start worrying yet, it's just they've changed names / companies twice and have "been on holiday" so we took the time to do a credit check and the results are displayed above... It's up to you how you interpret these results

Upvote 0
dont really want to name names etc but you aint far off I was first told to cancel payments to VQ solutions this was may and that there would be details of new paypal to pay the remainder

then nothing until this thread and as i posted abovce and I got a email sayinmg that the new payment details would be sent which was supposed to happen last week or week before the assesor who i dont want to name lol told me he would be away for next few weeks but that i could start uploading evidence
but not heard nothing since so no need to worry just yet

Upvote 0
Only update i can give as yest is a email i sent last week has been read, so supppose hes back off holiday. Just waiting on getting this job signed off and hopefully the certificate in the post!

Upvote 0
Is there any further update on this.

We put the company through our credit control system and it flagged as HIGH RISK

SSSSSHHHHHHHH

I cannot believe the amount of scaremongering going on here.

Let us look at the facts regarding this matter and then ask ourselves the question of why some are intent on trying to spoil/ruin the reputation of businesses that is/are totally legitimate and above board.

The Facts

1:
VQ Training sent a message to all learners asking them to cease payments.

2:
In the meantime, they have continued to assess/IV certificate all learner portfolios WITHOUT RECEIVING further payments at their OWN REQUEST.

3:
All learners are legitimately registered with City & Guilds and have enrolment numbers and have all been enrolled & inducted onto their e-Portfolio at the minimum cost/expense/time £250.00 approx. Please note, some people have only paid one month’s instalment, leaving a deficit but still benefitting from the above assessment/registration etc.

4:
You may be surprised to learn that they have also taken on NEW customers who have NOT paid a penny but have still benefitted from the above. Hardly the actions of con merchants

5:
XS Training have formed a new company to take over the payments above and continue the assessment/certification/internal verification of the candidates above who have still NOT been asked to make any further payments at XS Training’s/VQ Training’s OWN REQUEST.

6:
XS Training, in partnership with VQ Solutions, are now in a position to continue to receive payments and messages will shortly be sent out to those who had previously been asked to cease making payments.

7:
Let us remind ourselves that from points 1 to 6 above, assessments/inductions/internal verification and external verification (from City & Guilds) have been carrying on as normal. The ONLY thing that has stopped has been payments, AT THEIR OWN REQUEST…

Indeed, some payments have not even STARTED yet.

This is hardly the master plan of corruption as the last priority has been payment as can be seen above.

This neatly brings us back to point number one,

1: VQ Training sent a message to all learners asking them to cease payments.

Why???
So that the transition from VQ Training to XS Training could take place without the monthly payments being paid to a company that was no longer involved in the delivery of this NVQ, nothing more, nothing less.

The people involved are normal sparks’, each with over 25 years’ experience and they got into education about 5/6 years ago, teaching in London and the North of England. They are professional’s just like all of us aspire to be or already are, so we should stop this unjustifiable attack on what are essentially honest companies delivering probably the cheapest NVQ 2356 in the UK.

Remember, a good reputation takes a long time to build up but can be damaged quite easily by the words of a few people….

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Hold on,

can you confirm on how you complete the NVQs please? Are you saying i can just log on, upload photos i can pass, thats sweet? How do XS/VQ know if my 'buddy' is qualified or not? can someone confirm this please as im really eager to complete this. These guys still trading, just been on there web and it looks live?

Upvote 0
Has any1 on here completed there NVQ3 with XS Training as im looking to do it with them. I have also contacted EAS they are a bit more expensive but they were recommended by JIB. Can i have some feedback thanks

Upvote 0
Who has finished with these guys and have any done with Delta training? I work for myself and need to get the NVQ lvl 3 i can get loads of photos of my work it just needs to be sent off to complete this qualification? Also who needs to sign it off as working on my own makes this hard?

Upvote 0
I have just finished mine with Delta training at the end of it they asked for City & Guilds level 3 cert scan or picture and a supervisor or workmate to confirm what you have done.

Upvote 0
Did the workmate have to be qualified to JIB etc? I have workmate who works with me but he is not qualified, i also have other guys on site who are not electricians but can vouch for my work?

Upvote 0
Just finishing my off with xs formally vq been absolutly fine with me no complaints at all, was told person to sign of had to at least have level 3 nvq to sign off your portfolio.

Upvote 0
How do they know the person signing of your work has NVQ lvl 3 ? could just be yourself making up a signature and fake name. Also how do they know that you have worked as an electrician for at least 2 years?

Upvote 0
Hi,
Just a quick one, I'm currently finishing my NVQ2356 ( so can get gold card) with XS and have had support all the way. I can phone my assigned tutor anytime with no problem at all.
The only problem is finding the motivation to complete each module. You have to provide a lot of photo evidence for each unit and there is a fair bit of writing to do. If you stick with it it's simple.

On application you have to submit a scan of all your current C&G certificates and the company you are working for so they can asses your suitability or if indeed you are qualified up to NVQ 2356.
All in all very happy with the service.

Remember you have until the end of next month to sign up with whoever you choose before the deadline. You then have until 2015 i believe to finish.

Upvote 0

Reply to VQ Training - NVQ 2356 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks