W4D2 University open days | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss W4D2 University open days in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Solutions
Reaction score
Missed doing this with the middle daughter- she didn’t want to go to uni, but the youngest has been going over her options, and getting sorted with UCAS…

So we go a list of university open days to look at.. Guess I’m driving to Stirling this Saturday.

Seems along time ago now although it was only 13 - 14 years ago that my daughter was doing the same and we were either driving her there or dropping her at a train station to make her own way as some she was looking at was an overnight stay

We’ve got Stirling, Edinburgh napier, Dundee and Aberdeen booked just now… all English with Film, or Media or something.

Aberdeen might be too far for a 9am start, so might rock up at her sisters old flatmates on the Friday.

My nephew went to Stirling between 2010 - 12 seems to be a good area although unless it has improved some of the student accommodation isn't that good, my brother bought a HMO up there so he had somewhere decent live for his second and third year.

I remember having to do the rounds with my daughter, Cardiff, Aberystwyth etc. She got accepted in 2 and then decided she didn't want to do the course after all

I remember having to do the rounds with my daughter, Cardiff, Aberystwyth etc. She got accepted in 2 and then decided she didn't want to do the course after all
My wife took my daughter down to one of the Cambridge colleges for an interview one Saturday when I was working she didn't get accepted but was "pooled" and another college contacted her at first she was reluctant to go down again for an interview with them as she was concerned that she could be rejected again and it also incurred costs to go the college then offered to pay her travel expenses and provide accomodation in halls as it was an early interview , she nailed this interview and got an offer and was then undecided on whether to go there or take one of the other offers she had, in the end Cambridge won and she throughly enjoyed it

Last edited:
There are others she’s interested in, but they all seem to land on the same day… we had to shelf Edinburgh uni visit itself because it clashed with another above….

And from what I remember when her sister went to the Edinburgh open day… you need a lot more than what they ask for in grades to get in.

There are others she’s interested in, but they all seem to land on the same day… we had to shelf Edinburgh uni visit itself because it clashed with another above….

And from what I remember when her sister went to the Edinburgh open day… you need a lot more than what they ask for in grades to get in.
I think a lot of the uni's have a minimum level and the expectation is with the competition they will make offers to those with the potentially higher grades, I have heard of it happening where offers have been pulled because the student didn't get the grades expected even though they were still above the entry level published

Reply to W4D2 University open days in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net