Wago for extending 10mm cable | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wago for extending 10mm cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Wondering if there is a maintenance free wago for extending 10mm cables? Tried searching and couldn’t find anything. I prefer a wago to a through crimp

10mm butt connectors a hydraulic crimper and heat shrink in an enclosure would be my go to, or one of the click oval jbs if its accessible? I hate joining anything though and renew where possible 😅
If accessible I would go for either of these as you say (Click WA220 or Knightsbridge SN8470) as they have the double screw terminals that always seem more reliable (like the old Wylex boards):

Reply to Wago for extending 10mm cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The repair kit is actually sold by WAGO for that specific purpose (in the wall repair). I had wondered myself about shrinking individually first...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that information I'll have a look at.
Replies
Views
Thanks for that. This is essentially what I’ve done so far but not quite finished the job. I noticed the instructions are not lengthy but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
In cases like these the easiest option is usually taken.. if the cable can’t be replaced or the client not paying the wago’s are the way to go
Replies
Views
  • Question
When you say plus kettle, does this indicate you are needing 13A socket/s on the island and a hob supply? and then an oven supply on a tall...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks