Wanted old switch gear..Mem Bill | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wanted old switch gear..Mem Bill in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello.....
Wanted old Mem Bill(with the red logo) silver switch gear for museum display...Kingston upon Hull...can anyone help

Took a quick couple. Is this the thing you’re looking for?
[ElectriciansForums.net] Wanted old switch gear..Mem Bill

Comes with original VIR cable….

Busbar chamber has had the busbar robbed before I got there… and all those bags behind also contain switchgear.

Took a quick couple. Is this the thing you’re looking for?
View attachment 117246

Comes with original VIR cable….

Busbar chamber has had the busbar robbed before I got there… and all those bags behind also contain switchgear.

View attachment 117247

I reckon he wants the older series to that. Still good to be able to get it to someone who can use/display it though. As you say, it was going to go to a very good home previously.

I did want to save these from a recent job but they were confiscated by the asbestos police. I was particularly interested in the right hand one with an enclosure design I've not come across before. The wiring here is old and it was clear these were both second hand when they were installed here.

I've probably got a load of MEM and Bill stuff hiding here if you are still in need I'll have a dig about.

yes I always found the asbestos police a pain....u can manage the asbestos with pva glue....yes if u can a look....see what goodies u might have....thanks great photos

No worries.

I found some photos of it all in situ before I pulled it out.

This was all buried in a void that was a big stately home, but had been changed to apartments back in the 80’s. I was working in one of the properties and found the void lifting a floorboard.

Stripped the whole lot out foc for the customer. He didn’t want it.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Wanted old switch gear..Mem Bill[ElectriciansForums.net] Wanted old switch gear..Mem Bill

Reply to Wanted old switch gear..Mem Bill in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net