Warning Labels inside consumer unit lid | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Warning Labels inside consumer unit lid in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Only ever had one dubious labelling comment from an NIC area engineer, the site was missing a circuit chart. In the grand scheme of things not exactly a hanging offence.

The board had three ways on it and all MCBs were clearly labelled so I didn't see the need for a circuit chart.

I've had dealings with several assessors and never had an issue with them. On the last site visit on Tuesday he didn't even fully look at the work we did as it was all high level lighting with some emergency thrown in for good measure. Just had a good poke around the site and agreed with the comments I'd made on the cert, we actually had a good chat and a bit of a laugh.

Part of the job was emergency exit lighting and he wasn't even interested in the legend arrow pointing the wrong was as it's not within the scope of BS7671.

It's comforting to know the cheque had cleared when they cashed it... ;)

I don't have the RCD test label on my CU.... took it off after my assessment.

Most people don't know what an RCD is, let alone understand they need to test it!
It's a true statement however they are required to be fixed on/near the db in not smaller than the text size given in bs 7671

Taken all labels off mine at home as when it was built someone stuck in right in the middle of the downstairs hallway wall.

All pretty pointless, never heard of any home owner or school caretaker Test a RCD, only a electrician should be working in it do duel colour is pointless, 230v isn't needed and next test date isn't needed on the CU as only needed at the origin.

The db would be fully labelled as required if it was for assessment by a scheme so don't see the difference but hey ho each to their own I guess.

maybe this thread needs a warning label....

" Attention, Reading this thread results in using 10 minutes of your life which you'll never get back"

(black lettering min. 2" high on yellow background.)

hum.... anyone removing the lid of a CU should be more than familiar with the colours of the cables and shouldn't need a warning label this long after the colour changes...
Surely the longer it has been since the colour change the more the warning label is required as it is no longer fresh in people's minds.

Reply to Warning Labels inside consumer unit lid in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net