Warning Watch Your Speed | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Warning Watch Your Speed in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Like I said earlier most of the guys on the course were drivers of small vans (not car derived) that had been copped doing between 65mph and 75mph on a dual carriageway when they thought that they were ok to do so, the general census of our knowledge was that it changed around the transit van size to light goods.................our bad

But 70 on a motorway!
Who are these preeks that make these rules up?!?! :-------::-------::-------::-------::-------:

God knows what they have as the definition of a car derived van or whatever crap it is!
I'm emailing my mate now. Cheers S

Fair do's for posting this but this isn't anything new. been around for years. Same restrictions for anyone with a trailer too

The difference being now that most cameras are fixed with no human input to exercise some common sense, where I was copped I have passed police cars regularly going faster than 60mph in my van as I thought it was 70mph for me and have never been pulled............IMO a computer sticks to the rules 100% whereas a police officer may actually contemplate the risk if any you are taking.

You could be doing the legal 60mph weaving in and out of traffic like a loony in rush hour traffic and not get snapped by the safety camera, but then you could be the only vehicle on the road at midnight doing 66mph and get a fine....like I say JMO

But 70 on a motorway!
Who are these preeks that make these rules up?!?! :-------::-------::-------::-------::-------:

God knows what they have as the definition of a car derived van or whatever crap it is!
I'm emailing my mate now. Cheers S

No worries, I believe it is where the car came first like astra vans of fiesta vans for example. Same size as a VW Caddy but there aint a VW Caddy car so I think they are not car derived. Very confusing IMO.

Yeah my company made me aware of this all lgv are restricted to 60 mph on the dual carriage ways. Also we are restricted to 50 on normal national speed limit roads.

Our vans have trackers and we get pulled in for breaking the speed limit. Most van drivers aren't aware of this.

Good post.

as above. vans are limited to 60 on a dual cariageway as a lot of us already know, but a lesser known one is the limit of 50 on a single cariageway road where the limit for cars is 60.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

What about people carriers?

I think that my Hyundai iLoad is based on their people carrier, or is their people carrier based on the iLoad I don't know, but I guess I wouldn't get far with that argument as it is quite big.

by the time you see them it's probably too late to take the phone out of your ear. put the beer down, fasten seat belt and then drop your speed to the legal limit.

There was a jeweler on That's Life (a long time ago now) who kept getting tickets whilst unloading his car stopped on double yellows outside his shop. So they disguised his car as a van, using a Top Gear style modification, and it solved the problem! The traffic warden totally ignored it (until they suggested that he might like to take a closer look and he discovered the ford fiesta hiding underneath).

Difficult to use that solution in this case though I guess, unless you've got some of that timelord technology!

Reply to Warning Watch Your Speed in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back