Washing Machine problem | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Washing Machine problem in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

just replace the heat element as they only £15 be lot quick and easier, dont use a hair dryer on the motor

Thanks guys. I managed to get the motor dried off and stopped rcd tripping, tried tightening the nut a little but no joy so will likely order new element tomorrow. Anything I need to know about taking old one out, replacing with new or is it straightforward?

Paul, Sorry you got jinxed, Lol.

Thanks all. :)

This is how I would do it . Turn off machine .Loosen 10mm nut to end of thread but do not remove. Tap the thread to relese any compression on seal. Get a small flat screw driver between faceplate and drum and twist .Then wiggle heater be careful not to damage drum. They can be tricky to get out sometimes as the seal swells up.

Reply to Washing Machine problem in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, We’re having problems with our Bosch serie 6 washer/dryer. It’s about 6 years old. The model number is WVG30461GB/03. It has begun to stop...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views
No socket within 3m of a shower or bath inside the same room, except for a special type intended for a shaver. Note the "in the room bit". I have...
Replies
Views
My AEG 7000 kombi was tripping the RCD part way through cycle. Drain and spin were fine. I swapped out the element. Still tripped RCD. Read this...
Replies
Views
Actually, not too late as I've not had chance to revisit this issue since. I guess since we're getting into colder weather I ought to ...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks