Water underfloor heating and epoxy grouts Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter istefanov87
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 45

Discuss Water underfloor heating and epoxy grouts Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Water underfloor heating and epoxy grouts

Hello,

I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I am not able to translate the info to my particular question. I have a water underfloor heating (thermal pump and so on) installed and am currently having the bathrooms (and not only) done. I am wondering about getting the epoxy grout (PCI Durapox premium), as there seem to be 3 opinions that sound equally reasonable to someone like me (zero prior knowledge):
  • some say to avoid epoxy grout in this case as it is very hard and the thermal expansion may break the tile due to no room left for it
  • some say that the above is possible, but fixable by leaving a non-epoxy joint every X meters or something
  • and finally, some say that the thermal expansion should not be significant enough to cause breaking of the tile due to the not too high temperatures it reaches

Can anyone share actual experience and/or some theoretical base so that I can educate myself on that ? They seem to have 3 of the 4 colors I need on the epoxy, so I can do most of the space with it, as long as I do not risk having cracks in the tiles in a few years because of this. The guy that is installing the tiles is really good in what he does and I am 99% sure that the installation itself will be good, just wondering if there is more to it than just installation (like physics laws or something that we cannot fight).

Water underfloor heating and epoxy grouts for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Water underfloor heating and epoxy grouts Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net