Weird things | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Weird things in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I was fitting handsets for a door entry system and got a young lady out of the bath; so when she answered the door dripping wet and only wearing a short towel and a smile....i apparently asked her where she would like it!

once did as rewire for a builder. he'd faffed me about so much, changing his mind, altering the spec. at the end of the job he paid me in cash, but counted £20s as £10s. made up for all the hassle.

once did as rewire for a builder. he'd faffed me about so much, changing his mind, altering the spec. at the end of the job he paid me in cash, but counted £20s as £10s. made up for all the hassle.

Sort of had this about 8 years ago , we did a nasty bitty little remedial job for a friend of a friend that was just a bit of a nightmare and worth a lot more than what we did charge in truth !
He paid cash as he was a window cleaner !:lipsrsealed2: ( Which was quite novel for as our usual clientèle have no means to do this )
I got back to the office , had a look and found he had overpaid by £180 so i phone him straight away to arrange to drop it back to him and he starts to act a bit off on the phone , it's a bad line so i take it he has got the wrong end of the stick and thinks i am after more money ?
I go straight there give him the extra money back ( which he makes a big point of counting out in front of me ) then without a thank you and still with a bit of a attitude shows me off the property , thankfully he has not bothered to waist his or our time by asking us to any more for him since .
People ???????

First year labourer installing a house alarm. I got sent to run the cable from the hallway to the bell box. Young woman about the same age as me (18) told me to wait until she sorts out her bedroom?

She opened the door and I was met with 28 caged pet rats! The room stank! First and only time I've worn a mask in a teenagers bedroom and the fastest I've ever taken up floorboards, drilled holes and laid cable, did it in less than ten mins including drilling to the outside bell box.

Sort of had this about 8 years ago , we did a nasty bitty little remedial job for a friend of a friend that was just a bit of a nightmare and worth a lot more than what we did charge in truth !
He paid cash as he was a window cleaner !:lipsrsealed2: ( Which was quite novel for as our usual clientèle have no means to do this )
I got back to the office , had a look and found he had overpaid by £180 so i phone him straight away to arrange to drop it back to him and he starts to act a bit off on the phone , it's a bad line so i take it he has got the wrong end of the stick and thinks i am after more money ?
I go straight there give him the extra money back ( which he makes a big point of counting out in front of me ) then without a thank you and still with a bit of a attitude shows me off the property , thankfully he has not bothered to waist his or our time by asking us to any more for him since .
People ???????
i wouldn't have bothered, unless it was an elderly ( or any vunerable customer ) person, may have been confused.

What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you whilst in a customers house?

Wasn't in a customers house but when i was working in a naval yard for the MOD. Myself and an apprentice were working in a toilet block doing a full rewire....took the usual steps in that we put up notices stating the block was not in use and directed people to the nearest one which was in use etc,etc,etc. We were working up a ladder and work was well under way when a woman came into the block to use the facilities. The woman was in her 60's and not much of a looker, she would have got a part in the wizard of oz and wouldn't need much make up...we explained the situation to her. her response to us was well its nothing you boys haven't seen before and promptly dropped her trollies and did a crap. I have never got down from a ladder as quick in my life and for the first time was totally speechless but it did provide something for the apprentice to put in his log book

... her response to us was well its nothing you boys haven't seen before and promptly dropped her trollies and did a crap. I have never got down from a ladder as quick in my life and for the first time was totally speechless but it did provide something for the apprentice to put in his log book

Your apprentice putting a 'log' in his log-book, a surprise for the assessor? .:ack2:

2 funny ones spring to mind 1 was a job in a house owned by the local hard man,opened a supposedly empty cupboard to find a stack of sex toys on shelf together with a set of pictures of his missus demonstrating how they were used! second was a job for the bosses sister at a firm years back,went to her house and went in to do job she was drinking lager, halfway through job I became confused as the grey trousers she was wearing now looked black,carried on and finished the job and she announced that she was just going to change her trousers as she had p***** herself while she was talking to me.

I can remember a plumber finding a rampant rabbit on the bedside table!!! yes she knew we were going to be there!!! He turned it on and put it into the stone masons trouser pocket who was a nice old boy, I can still see him holding the vibrator up and asking what does this do, and why is it so sticky. We couldn't tell him for laughing too much

Last edited by a moderator:
As an apprentice working in a void property before the sparks I was working with found a rampant rabbit proceeded to chase me round with it. He put it down I put all his tools back as usual got a very angry phone call the next day from said sparks after he had opened his tool box up the next day in a customers house to find his new 'tool'

Marc

A year or so ago I worked in a council property which was the home for 5-6 adults plus 50 yes FIFTY pets. (Thats not including the countless dead flies on the fly tapes) I cannot even begin to describe the smell. The house was crammed full of junk and car parts, it looked as though it had been half decorated about 20 years ago. Not a single thread of carpet down.
The plumber had to drill through a wall to get a pipe through. As a result of drilling the hole, there was a slight spelch of the plaster. (Not a big deal as the pipes were to be boxed in). One of the teenagers saw the hole, picked up the phone and had the following conversation:

"Hello, are you at work? You are going to go f*****G mad when you get home, they have drilled a f*****g hole in the wall and f****d up the wall paper. You are going to have to do it ALL again! I could have drilled a better f*****g hole with a spoon!"

After he finished on the phone, the teenager sat there saying to himself "I wouldn't want to be around when he gets home, he is going to go f*****g mad!" Anyway an hour or so later the guy who was on the other end of the phone turned up. All 5ft of him, must have weighed 7st, and never said a word.

I replaced a nsh for a very elderly chap. A few years ago.

Got the invoice made out and he settled up with a cheque. About a month or so later, I open all the mail and find he had sent me payment again, even though I had scribbled paid on the original invoice.

A couple of days later I was in the area so I thought I would give him back the second cheque. Kept ringing the door and his phone. No answer. Did this a couple of times until I decided to leave a voicemail. Later that day I had a call from his daughter saying that he had passed away a couple of weeks ago!!!!

I explained everything to her and just pushed it through the letterbox for her to deal with.

Reply to Weird things in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net