well..i`v seen some crap of late but..... | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss well..i`v seen some crap of late but..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GLENNSPARK

evening boys...

heres some pics of someones idea of a temporary supply at a site we went to look at today:

[ElectriciansForums.net] well..i`v seen some crap of late but.....

thats a 1.5 flat twin coming straight out of the head....the bullit had gone....replaced with....yep, you guessed it a bit of 6mm

here, take a closer peek...

heres the twin going out of the cutout area

and its off around the grounds...

a `joint` in the garage...

and here`s my solution to the issue...not perfect but...

temp supply with 25A RCD...i used some 2.5 3 core hi-tuff from the cutout and replaced the bullit with a 60A...the hi-tuff then feeds a single trailing socket...which then feeds the temp supply box via 13A BS1363 plugtop.....
the commando feeds the socket outlets (3 off) which have been placed at the bottom of the stairs of each dwelling....the existing wasn`t even earthed...it is now.....rod with a Zs of .97 at the furthest point...RCD times good...

there were various trades on site using a variety of class 1 & class 2 equipment oblivious to the potential dangers here....
the owner seemed surprised when i tugged this little lot claiming `well, its worked fine so far`...
getting to be a standard response just lately....:frown:

Hi,

When I was contracting and saw any 240v gear on a building site I used to cut the plugtops off. This is back in the days before RCD's, when cables were wrapped around scaffold tubes etc. I had to work with 110v, I didn't see why I should of been at risk due to their incompetence.

Regards.

Wow that is some shoddy work, surely no electrician in the land would do something like that and if thay had that's scary! Is that just clotheslined across to the garage as well? Would be interesting to see how many amps it was pulling with a few tools going off it to?
well...theres actually 2 ...one going to the garage...then one comes back from a 2 gang socket in that garage and up the scaffold at the back of the property to feed points on 1st and 2nd lift....

I hope they didnt pay the guy to do this! Id be embarrassed and would be having many sleepless nights knowing i had done that! And waiting for the knock on the door or sky news to be reporting a serious accident

Hi,

When I was contracting and saw any 240v gear on a building site I used to cut the plugtops off. This is back in the days before RCD's, when cables were wrapped around scaffold tubes etc. I had to work with 110v, I didn't see why I should of been at risk due to their incompetence.

Regards.
dont know what brickies and ground workers are like up your way but would not fancy cutting the leads down here

well...theres actually 2 ...one going to the garage...then one comes back from a 2 gang socket in that garage and up the scaffold at the back of the property to feed points on 1st and 2nd lift....

Nice! All in 1.5? Get it in to professional electrician, the muppets there should be able to come up with some terrible caption for it.

Reply to well..i`v seen some crap of late but..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back