what earthing system is this? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss what earthing system is this? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Today I did my first consumer unit change over for a single occupancy flat in a block of flats.

I had everything ready but when i tried to identify the earthing system all i saw was the main earth wire terminating into a small black box. This small box housed a metal block into which the earth wire, 16mmsq and the neutral conductor connected.

this is not what i was expecting to see.
Can any one help me identify what earthing arrrangment this is?

I have enclosed a pic of the arrangement.

I ask this becuase I have not been in this game for long so any help is more than welcome.
many thanks

DD368

[ElectriciansForums.net] what earthing system is this? thanks again for your time :)

thanks,

i tried to call the DNO but tey were not much help. they said their responsibility ended at the boundary of the estate and that each connection inthe flat was the responsiblity of the estate management who in this case are Homes for Haringay.

Thanks DurhamSparky

that looks like a DIY "tncs" set up.... no DNO would do it like that!!
Agreed. I see a lot similar to this in my area on old council properties. I'm fairly sure we had a spark back in the day who did this at every installation he went to ... with total disregard for the original type of earthing arrangement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to what earthing system is this? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net