What goodies have you found under the floor? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What goodies have you found under the floor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DNS1

-
Reaction score
Did a partial re-wire last week for a friend who lives in a 1900s house (lights wired with rubberised cable!)

Found about 20kg of lead pipe under the floor when jemmying up boards... Thank you very much, that will make a few quid at the scrappy!

That a normal sort of thing to find in an older house?! I don't have much dealing with pre-1950s properties...

Anyone got any stories of valuable things found under floors and in lofts?!

I was doing a rewire for a customer, customer said oh ill take this carpet up for you mate.. i said yeh no problem ok.. He found a £3000 gold, diamond ring under the FRIKIN carpet.. I would happily say i was guttered and that ring paid for his re-wire haha..

Wow, never found the remains of a king during a rewire...

I'm a little curious as to what I'm going to find when I go back to my friends 100 year old house next time... We're going to pull up boards in the front room to see what's in the coal cellar. The old entrance to it was closed off, but we're very curious as to why it was so well concreted up...

I found a child's shoe buried under an entrance door in a house @ 1700's apparently it was done back then for good luck. Left it in place so sweet.

Apparently it was good luck at one time to seal a cat in the walls of a house. Worth quite a bit of money if you come across one.
I have never found anything good under floorboards apart from scrap cable/lead cable. Usually just empty 80s smoke packets and mouse ****.

Suspended ceilings are ok though. Found a few good tools that have been left above those.

I seem to find random pages from **** mags under floorboards, in walls etc. Found loads of gay **** sealed inside a partition wall in my own house. Bummer. :(

I find it interesting finding old newspapers and where folk have signed the wall etc. years and years ago.

Was bricking up an old fireplace last year and found the chimney full of shoes. Apparently the last owner had a bit of a fetish.

Was working on an old post office being converted to 2 flats they were replacing the whole floor when they lifted if up they found £200,000 worth of gold sovereigns in a box they gave it to the owner of the property and she gave the 5 men working onsite £5000 each for being so honest :)

Reply to What goodies have you found under the floor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back