What goodies have you found under the floor? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What goodies have you found under the floor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DNS1

-
Reaction score
Did a partial re-wire last week for a friend who lives in a 1900s house (lights wired with rubberised cable!)

Found about 20kg of lead pipe under the floor when jemmying up boards... Thank you very much, that will make a few quid at the scrappy!

That a normal sort of thing to find in an older house?! I don't have much dealing with pre-1950s properties...

Anyone got any stories of valuable things found under floors and in lofts?!

Various tools smoke packets etc under floor boards.
BUT
I did once find in a loft of an old place bought at auction an old wind up gramaphone.
And better still, on a job where i was wiring the heating controls i found behind a bath panel, more cash in bags than i've ever seen or ever likely to see again. The whole void under the bath was packed full, even jammed up in the gap between bath and wall.
House was owned by an ex scrap dealer and it was all "tax free".
Probably tens of thousands at least cos it was all twentys/ fifties. i know cos the plumber who was there had a good look through before we told lady of the house. She went spare mainly because it was all "secret" money.

I'm a little curious as to what I'm going to find when I go back to my friends 100 year old house next time... We're going to pull up boards in the front room to see what's in the coal cellar. The old entrance to it was closed off, but we're very curious as to why it was so well concreted up...

Fred West never lived there did he? :ack2:

Haven't found much more than the usual rodents and their cr4p really. I was on a job last week though and the old dear (who's hubby had walked out on her when she got very ill) if I could get rid of a load of stuff out of a walk in cupboard and spare bedroom. Got a full set of golf clubs and a half decent golf bag to get shot of now :lol:

Whilst working on North Wales Butlins site...found 50 odd letters in one of the chalet roof voids, written in 1943 between a Royal navy guy and his girlfriend, when the centre was a Royal Navy base. The letter were given to the British legion, and returned to the family. Got a nice thank you letter from the family

Reply to What goodies have you found under the floor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back