what pat tester are you using guys? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss what pat tester are you using guys? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Maybe because my Supernova Plus (Qty 2) sits steadily on the trolley all day during testing is probably the reason I've not hat the problem with the 110v transformer as mentioned above - in my eight years of use.

(Having said that with a firm hold on the wooden table leg!! & clutching my lucky rabbits foot. etc etc.)

A lot to be said for the trolley!
Another good point with the seaward kit I didn't mention before is the memory. Had one with melted boards terminal damage once but the test data could still be recovered by Seaward - saved more than cost of tester!

Moral of that story was never drop loose fuses or paperclips in the casing 'pocket'!

I know the 350 meets requirements, but do you think it does as thorough a test as the old mains powered type?

I always found found the hum of a 25A test reassuring!

I always found found the hum of a 25A test reassuring!

I know what you mean by that!

The 350 is so small and light it's ideal for me - I tested around 45000 items last year ( :confused: ), so we need something portable and fast - this seemed to fit the job.

I have the bluetooth printer too which makes the whole process very easy - still end up talking to myself though...

Metrel gamma pat
Built in check box and miles faster than the old seaward I used to use
Don't know if it's up to heavy pat test loads but I don't do a lot of pat testing so I find it fine

Reply to what pat tester are you using guys? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net