What Qualificiations I need to become Domestic Installer (Please Help) | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What Qualificiations I need to become Domestic Installer (Please Help) in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparkz786

Hi everyone,

4 Years ago in 2010 i studied Electrical Installation Level 2 2330 but dropped out 3 months early, still got 3 certificates not sure if that counts, but now I really want to get back into it and regret dropping out. Its also gone a bit more difficult and changed to 2365

Could someone kindly advise me on which Qualifications I require in order to be a Self Employed Domestic Electrician?

If i complete Level 2 and Level 3 Diploma's in College over 2 years, is that enough to start working? Or do i NEED to do the NVQ? Also how many years is the NVQ? I really want to qualify and start working as soon as possible. Please advise and im really stuck and in a dilemna :(

Thank you in advance

PS. Sorry if there is already a post regarding this, ive seen too many and they all say different things, so just wanted to get advice asap.

Lucky for some who can send their wife/girlfriend/partner out to work whilst they bimble about at ELEX enjoying themselves ..........

I don't work much any more, neither does her in doors except looking after me, anyway with the state of my hips,back and knees it was work, well that's what I told her when I got home lol:grin:

I started working in the industry as a mate, with a useless English degree and two years of teaching experience under my belt, but couldn't work out one end of a battery drill from the other. BUT, was I keen to learn! I went to Waterstones and bought a bought on electrical installation and theory, then went online to research stuff I didn't understand.

A year later I enrolled on NVQ level 2 then the 2330 after that.

There was never any 'how quick can i get qualified' questions in my mind.

My mind was filled with questions and it was more a case of 'how much can I learn?'

Start from this perspective and you will do OK. I still feel like I know FA and have to phrase my questions carefully for fear of falling prey to the Pitbulls on here!

Reply to What Qualificiations I need to become Domestic Installer (Please Help) in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net