What size wire? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What size wire? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

RandyD123

DIY
Reaction score
I have a 200 Main Panel in my basement. I want to put a 100 subpanel in my attached garage that would be about 75 feet away. The sub will need 1 220v circuit for my air compressor. 1 50 amp circuit for my hot tub. 1 40 amp for my air handler. And 2 or 3 circuits for misc. wiring. Can I do this and if so what size and type of wire will I need to run. Only the hot tub and air handler would ever be running at the same time. Thank you in advance....

I have a 200 Main Panel in my basement. I want to put a 100 subpanel in my attached garage that would be about 75 feet away. The sub will need 1 220v circuit for my air compressor. 1 50 amp circuit for my hot tub. 1 40 amp for my air handler. And 2 or 3 circuits for misc. wiring. Can I do this and if so what size and type of wire will I need to run. Only the hot tub and air handler would ever be running at the same time. Thank you in advance....
If you install a 100 amp sub panel you will need four # 3 wires. The panel can be main lug only since you will have to install a 100 amp double pole breaker in you main panel. You need at least a 16 space panel to have room for future projects. Since you are a DIY my advice would be to get a licensed electrician to help with this installation

Reply to What size wire? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net