What would you do? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss What would you do? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

you could have fixed it the builders method. connect the neutral wire to the earth terminal. that would work temporarily. you'd have to bypass the RCD with a couple of bits of 1.0mm though. (and in case anybody thought i was serious, my your god help you)

I'd have to question you using 1.0mm cable mate, surely the CSA of it will be too big to trip the 100A RCD? I'd use bellwire myself. But then I know what I'm talking about because I completed my 5 week course. Its people like you who give us cowboys a bad name.

fair play mate you done the right thing. but i know what you mean when people put pressure on you it is hard to say no. hopefully when she has had time to cool down im sure she will understand.

Quote"you could have fixed it the builders method. connect the neutral wire to the earth terminal. that would work temporarily. you'd have to bypass the RCD with a couple of bits of 1.0mm though. (and in case anybody thought i was serious, my your god help you)"

I tried doing that with 10mm but couldnt get the cu cover back on so decided not to risk it.lol
Thanks for all your replies everyone. Its always nice to get a bit of approval from people who know what theyre on about

Last edited:
I agree. Simply wrapping the wire around the post is not acceptable, but if you then clamp it with a clothes peg or similar I think you'll find that complies with the regs.

Reply to What would you do? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As a trainee, one of the things I've tried to focus on to deepen my interest in the world of electrics, is the space for creativity. I've...
Replies
Views
I'm begining to think like this now, I very rarely work for builders anymore but the couple that I still do work for are the worst payers out of...
    • Agree
Replies
Views
H
  • Article
Combi boiler problem Hi this is my first post so please be gentle. I have a Worcester greenstar 28i junior combi fitted in my house, we were...
Replies
Views
Happyharry
H
  • Question
Most manufacturers recommend them to be fitted. We are required to take that into account. If they had been fitted clearly it would have been...
Replies
Views
My girlfriend has a cousin who has lived in Japan for at least 15 years teaching English yet he can barely speak their language.
    • Informative
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks