Currently reading:
Where does the yellow wire go

Discuss Where does the yellow wire go in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

mcf5757

DIY
Reaction score
ecently got a smart motion sensing light switch for an office. It’s a 3-way switch (2 total switches). I am having a problem hooking it up.

Old switch has 2 reds/white/green wires

new switch has red/black/white/green/yellow wires

I tagged the one red wire as it seems to be the “common”.Not much luck gettting the right wires hooked up

Here are some pics of what I am dealing with. Also, the instructions that came with it that don't make sense to me either.

Any recommendations on how to hook it up?

IMG_6724.jpeg

IMG_6720.jpegIMG_6722.jpeg

attachment(4).jpg

Yellow seems to be a “signal” wire according to the instructions, which can be used in conjunction with another switch.

These are usually extra low voltage, and connecting them to mains voltage will damage something.

Run what is written on the red label
Through google translate, and see what it says.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Where does the yellow wire go in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock