who's responsibilty? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss who's responsibilty? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
You'll have to pardon my ignorance on this guys, but just who's responsibility is it to notify notifiable works is it? Something in my memory tells me that it is the home owner, so if this is the case, why don't we sidestep the schemes, issue the certificates, and let them sort it out?

I know there is a logical answer, but not doing domestic works, or being registered, I just thought I'd throw this one out knowing I'm wrong, but also knowing you're all just dying to post about this!

Happy days comrades.

isnt that a 17th edition question
the installer should notify works within part p requirements
if hes not registered he should notify building control and pay there premium he must also hold 2391 testing qualification
i know alot of ex subbies who do there own work and are not registered no insurances etc etc it still goes on
Certainly nothing to do with the 17th edition.

BS7671 covers all of England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland.

Part P is a building reg and, in terms of the schemes etc, only covers England and Wales. And I think to complicate that a little further it could become different in Wales in the future as well.

Reply to who's responsibilty? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm begining to think like this now, I very rarely work for builders anymore but the couple that I still do work for are the worst payers out of...
    • Agree
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’d say yes go for it.
Replies
Views
  • Question
It's actually not as those are accidents outside of work, if you suffer an injury whilst working for someone else or doing private work then...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
Hello Dave, Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate the info, I haven't updated this post yet, but I have since been talking to some...
Replies
Views
IMO the NICEIC and NAPIT are two quangos that have made a laughing stock of the UK's electrical industry aided and abetted by the Labour...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks