Why 335V? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Why 335V? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

ringer

-
Reaction score
Am going to connect an appliance to an existing 3ph switch (Wylex 921E) which is no longer used to supply any equipment. I energised the circuit and measured the voltage on each phase at the switch and was getting 335V (phase to earth), the same on each phase. The switch was on at this point, so I threw the switch so it was off, and I then got 245V on each phase. Subsequent switching on and off gave successive correct (245V) readings. I was unable to recreate the situation where I got 335V. Did not want to measure between the phases before I understand what might be occurring. Why would my initial readings be so high? Could it be a fault with my meter, or something else?

Reply to Why 335V? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When I was on the electric board We had a pair of pillocks connect a housing estate to a very large genset, the n lead was in two parts and not...
Replies
Views
If any appliance has a filter or surge protection device, you will have a device that can pass a small current between the L and E or the N and E...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not sure if I’ve understood this properly, but it appears to have parallels with my own installation. I highly dislike the idea of feeding SP...
Replies
Views
M
Hi and welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting. I'll stay out of the advice because I'm not a sparky. But welcome aboard and if you need anything...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes I noticed that too, although the Fluke 1664 that I use claims the same precision (it has a milliohms mode in the high current loop impedance...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks