wind up IR testers | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss wind up IR testers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GLENNSPARK

just some pics i got from net..

[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers
[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers[ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] wind up IR testers
    34_t.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Similar to my first Ductor. That had two mahogany cases, one with the instrument, the other the batteries.

It was the mates job to lug it in to place, set it all up and run the test leads out. In the mean time I would be pretending to write the statutory reports. I’ve always been an idle sod.

First time I met a wind up Megger was when I was 8 and the electricity board man came to repair the cooker.He got me to hold the leads while he wound the handle slowly.He would probably get arrested today.He also let me sit in his Austin A40 van and turn the ignition on so that was alright.

I'd have no hesitation whatsoever using a wind-up IR meter today of a trusted unit!! I have 2 at home a Robin and a Megger. Compared them both many times to the reading values obtained on my CM500, and are as near as dam it identical on both IR and low ohm ranges!!

I'd have no hesitation whatsoever using a wind-up IR meter today of a trusted unit!! I have 2 at home a Robin and a Megger. Compared them both many times to the reading values obtained on my CM500, and are as near as dam it identical on both IR and low ohm ranges!!
this is it...theres a `myth` going round that just because it aint got a DRO...its obsolete and cant be used....as you says..its rubbish...further more theres a lot to be said as well for analogue low resistance ohmmeters....good for finding high resistance joints in the back of accessories on an end to end....without removing fronts....

Reply to wind up IR testers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net