wiring caravan hookups | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss wiring caravan hookups in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Again, it's down to how the site will be used. I'm assuming it'll be a few couples or families turning up for a week or weekend in the summer wanting a step up from camping, rather than a bunch of freeloaders wanting to live there on the cheap.

IQ there is no supply there at the mo
ive just looked at the job so far and am tying to ball park some numbers for the guy.
dno are bringing in a new tp-n supply to the site but this must also run 5 3 bed flats as well as all the other stuff ive listed.
the new supply is limited to what is avalible and dno have not got back with final numbers of costs.
ive worked on lots of factorys houses shops ect but no parks of this type hence i have no exprence on just how much load/diversity is normal.
i think when i return to site tomorrw i must have a good look at the whole thing...but as you all know,the customer will not always know what they want now or in a year from now.

i will agree old skool caravans didnt have much stuff to run...but now days its all mod cons fridge,microwave,tv playstation laptop sky tv.

like the idea of a £25 reset charge and a 6a mcb though!

Vita look at this like a factory you have worked on. Did every final circuit go back to one umpteen way TP+N board or did you have sub boards around the place.

Now that you have told us it is a 3 phase supply the work should be easier for you. The caravans will come off of one of these phases. Each of your flats I assume will have it's own CU in it, and so your caravans IMO should be the same.

Off of your 3phase supply I would run a sub main, as you will to your flats, to a central point in the caravan park. Then from each pitch take a, whatever supply you want from whatever size Socket 16/32 amp to your sub board controlled by RCBO's as each socket must have it's own RCD protection.

To my mind this must be a better way to do it.

I regularly work on a caravan site and campers now a days come overloaded with electrical appliances. They really hammer the provision of electric hook-ups. Personally I would be looking at worst case scenario when it comes to diversity. In the summer the owner will want all the pitches hired out. The british weather will turn sour (as it always does) and the campers will retreat to their vans to watch TV, charge cameras, phones, run fridges, heaters etc - Trust me, if they can use 'free' lecky or their own gas (which they have to pay to replace) they'll hit the electricity hard! If you under estimate then you could have an unhappy customer when his new system fails to perform when the demand is high?

The Regs are quite straight forward about the hook-ups, cable routes and depths etc. And dont forget that a TNCS/PME earthing system is banned under ESQCR 2002

hi guys andy here first post--i live in a p/h on a hoburne naish holiday park (own it )
theres about 180 units on our residential section, each home has a sorrel plastic cabinet in the garden with a meter &a 40a mainswitch/rcd ,30ma rated trippingcurrent. the supply incomer to each plot is 10 mil 3 core swa(the earths not used) earthing via a stake wired from the dis board inside each home
theres dist buildings at various points , all the 10 mil armoureds go back to these seperately , no loops, i havn,t had a look inside the buildings/mains rooms but there must be a multi way board in each& i daresay a ringmain in armoured supplying the dis buildings
its overhead supply here too

Reply to wiring caravan hookups in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net