Wiring condensate pump to green star compact 32i boiler | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wiring condensate pump to green star compact 32i boiler in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Afternoon ,
I have been asked to wire in a Plumbright PR 20 sta condensate pump. The pump has a live neutral and earth and a separate float cable with two wires attached. I am a little unsure with wiring as have no diagrams etc.

I am assuming in a green star I can use the LNE supply terminals on the boilers pcb but where do I connect float wires. Do I connect then to the perm live and the other to the boiler switched live .
If I am totally wrong apologies
Thanks

Probably not, I expect the float switch is to turn the pump on and off.
You really need to get hold of some instructions instead of guessing.

I found instructions for a slightly different model below.
They said
1) that the unit should be on it's own FCU.
2) that the float safety switch (which operates just before the container overflows) should be connected in the feed to the boiler switched live as you suggest, to turn it off, or alternatively to an alarm system (optional extra).

Even though this is for the PH model, the unit seems to be very similar, if not the same:

I couldn't see the equivalent document for a PR model - you could phone them to check if these instructions apply?

Last edited:

Reply to Wiring condensate pump to green star compact 32i boiler in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm just trying to understand the current your suggested relay needs to handle. Surely the above is not the running current of the lamp? That...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's brilliant Dave, thanks again. I had to raid my sons felt tips and pencils for any colours available! Apologies for the strange and...
Replies
Views
I think that's the point I was trying to illustrate. If volt free contacts on a device on one supply are switching mains voltage coming from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Who has? It’s a reference book to which to refer to attain the ‘latest’ guidance on various aspects of electrical installations, not all of will...
2 3
Replies
Views
The 4 pumps are :- 1. boiler to cylinder 2. C/H and UFH circulating pump 3. UFH dedicated pump after manifold 4. DHW circulating pump. (this just...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks