Working for national grid | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Working for national grid in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone in this forum is working for National Grid ,and how to get my feet in this company.What i would have to know before apply for a electricians role ?

Western Power were looking 2 or 3 years ago, £15k starting pay.

If I was having a real good day I might have been able to climb a pylon, I would **** myself walking out on an arm, I dont think I could. There is DEFINATELY no way I could then climb down a ladder, no way. I then clicked off website and thought no more about it.

Only worked on private networks.

One episode of changing a line end termination was enough for me. No way would I climb up a ladder with line tension clamps, chain blocks and all other paraphernalia needed ever again.

Sod climbing a steel pylon in winter!

Only worked on private networks.

One episode of changing a line end termination was enough for me. No way would I climb up a ladder with line tension clamps, chain blocks and all other paraphernalia needed ever again.

Sod climbing a steel pylon in winter!

With HT pylons, they should have enormous copper rods into the ground, that the fitters cut them short and weighed the rest in?

You'd have more chance getting a job if American (its all theirs don't ya know).

Like when TransCo & National Grid merged, it was made very clear to us it was not a 'takeover' - as it became "National Grid TransCo".

One year later all board members (maybe bar 1) that was a transco-ee was gone and the company was renamed- National Grid!!!

Thought you were firmly rooted in Caledonia, Sausage.

Dunno now, but 12months ago Walsall electrical had a lot on, doing Sainsburies and fitting power perfecta units.

Paid direct every 6weeks, maybe worth a go...?

NRL (sorry another agency) get a lot of safetypassport work...

I have will work away if it is decent money.
I was working at a power station in England before I got the offer of a job back up the road.
If the money is right and the digs are decent I would go anywhere.

NRL should be one of the bst agencies out there but they are far from perfect, they like to muck up your wages and wonder why you are angry down the phone.

Reply to Working for national grid in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net