Ze test | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Ze test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

ac/dc

-
Reaction score
Hi all
COUPLE OF Q. PLEASE

I WAS TESTING A 2 BED. ON A BLOCK OF FLATS WITH NO ACCES TO THE MAIN DISTRIBUTION (DISTR. CUT OUT FUSE)
SO NO IDEA WHAT IS THERE.
WHAT CAN I PUT ON THE EICR,PLEASE .

WHILE I WAS TESTING ZE AN ERROR 4 CAME ON MY FLUKE
NOT KNOWING WHAT IT MEANT I PACKT UP AND WENT HOME THINKING THAT MY FLUKE DEVELOPED A FAULT.
ANY IDEA ,PLEASE

THX . IN ADV.

Hi all
COUPLE OF Q. PLEASE

I WAS TESTING A 2 BED. ON A BLOCK OF FLATS WITH NO ACCES TO THE MAIN DISTRIBUTION (DISTR. CUT OUT FUSE)
SO NO IDEA WHAT IS THERE.
WHAT CAN I PUT ON THE EICR,PLEASE .

WHILE I WAS TESTING ZE AN ERROR 4 CAME ON MY FLUKE
NOT KNOWING WHAT IT MEANT I PACKT UP AND WENT HOME THINKING THAT MY FLUKE DEVELOPED A FAULT.
ANY IDEA ,PLEASE

THX . IN ADV.

You can't conduct a Ze test on what is a sub-main board, it's only possible at the main incoming DNO service head. You can only conduct a Zs test at the sub-main board, which is commonly called Zdb, and is to be conducted with all bonding etc connected.

No idea what error codes mean on a Fluke MFT, i'm sure others here will be able to help on that score!!

You can't conduct a Ze test on what is a sub-main board, it's only possible at the main incoming DNO service head. You can only conduct a Zs test at the sub-main board, which is commonly called Zdb, and is to be conducted with all bonding etc connected.

No idea what error codes mean on a Fluke MFT, i'm sure others here will be able to help on that score!!

thx .for your reply m8.
please, what would you write on the eicr under the :
" to be completed only if D.B. is not conn. directly to the origin of the installation"
I can't get to the main board.
Regards

[FONT=&amp]Fluke 165x series MFT error codes:

Error 1, Self-Test failure. Return tester to Fluke service centre.

Error 2, Over-Temperature. Wait let tester cool down.

Error 3, Internal protection failure? Return tester to Fluke service centre.

Error 4, Fault Voltage. Check the installation, in particular, the voltage between N and E.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]The Error 4 message is often triggered by a 'phantom fault voltage' caused by poor contact between one or more test probe(s)/crocodile clip(s) and the test point, usually either E and/or N, remake test connections and re-test.
If the Error 4 message persists then you actually have a fault voltage present on the circuit that needs to investigated and eliminated before re-testing.
[/FONT]
Error 5, Excessive Noise. Loop, RCD tests, switch off all appliances. Earth Resistance tests, move earth stakes.

Error 6, Excessive Probe Resistance. Put the stakes deeper into the soil. Tamp down the soil directly around the stakes. Pour water around the stakes but not at the earth electrode under test.

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Ze test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net