Questions and electrical advice in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) - Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public). Chat with other electricians about Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV Systems. This area of the forum is public, if you want the out-of-public area that's access only, then you need to apply for access and prove you're in the trade. For obvious reasons!!.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Hello! I ve been moved into a new house in which my previous owner doesnt remember his code The alarm system is from wisdom group Risco I would...
Replies
Views
Where os the battery backup for the siren? I have ordered a Yale wireless system to replace the current old and faulty Accenta G3. I know that...
Replies
Views
I have an old Optima XM alarm system in my house in which has worked fine for over 20 years. Recently when I was trying to set the alarm to go...
Replies
Views
Hi, need a little help figuring out exactly where each of these wires go… any help appreciated as the old one seems to have packed in! The first...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im an electrician but have been installing the odd alarms for some of my customers too. Used to use the Honeywell Accenta G4 with the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, parents in law have been victims of crime at their home numerous times in the last few years. Last night they had an attempted break in at...
Replies
Views
Looking for some assistance. I installed a cctv system a few months ago. Worked ok to start with but now it’s basically impossible to access live...
Replies
Views
Just after some help If someone knows. Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought when updating the firmware on panels LS1 was the code for the English...
Replies
Views
Just set up a Hikvision NVR and cameras for a customer. All fine except the Hik Connect app says the cameras are offline unless you are connected...
Replies
Views
Hi, Our alarm always has a zone open whenever we set it. The zone consists of two door sensors and three shockguards. Is there a way to work out...
Replies
Views
I looked at an old ESP Entryview 3 Multi system this morning with a faulty monitor unit, doorbell in one flat not working. After connection check...
Replies
Views
Are there any gadgets out there that allow you to replace a standard Bell 801 phone with a wireless phone?
Replies
Views
I am looking for a tool to remove this type of security fixing (see images) does anyone know where this can be purchased from or the type of head...
Replies
Views
Good evening looking for some advice. I have a honeywell galaxy g2 alarm system that i have inherited with a pub I have taken over, I need to do...
Replies
Views
I have a DSC POWER832 alarm with an LCD5501Z kepad and I'm 99% sure it's a PC5010 panel. And since I switched from DSL to Verizon FIOS...
Replies
Views
Hi. My mother bought a miguard g5 system a few years ago. It looks like the control panel has given up on her! She has all the sensors around her...
Replies
Views
I’ve long been a Nest advocate and pro-installer but frankly since they got taken over by Google they’ve gone to scat. I’ve three outdoor IQ cams...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking for an installer to faultfind a Fermax Keypad flat access system Newport South Wales. Someone changed the electric entry lock...
Replies
Views
Hello. Wondering if someone could give me some advice on my Veritas alarm. I recently had an extended power cut, when the power was...
Replies
Views
Hi. My property is 25 years old. It has the original Fire Angel mains interlinked smoke detectors. One on the ground floor passage and one...
Replies
Views
J
Hi guys, Just after a bit of advice. We are trying to connect a velux smoke vent system (kfx100) to a Fike twin flexor fire alarm system. I've...
Replies
Views
hello all, I have a Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 burglar installed in my home (about 9 years old). Recently I got a Battery Miss fault showing on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking for some firmware files for the Menvier 40 Panel. I am aware of the scantrionic website, and have downloaded the BIN file...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a abacus panel I want to put new bell box in It’s a Texecom premier odyssey 1e. Can anyone please help has anyone got...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m a relatively new spark and have avoided installing wired security alarms instead opting for wireless systems for customers. I have a...
Replies
Views
Currently pricing a rewire for a two bed terraced house and just wondered on people thoughts on fire detection. I am going to install mains...
Replies
Views
Any advice on how I can get hold of the engineer's manual for an old Regalsafe RS64 engineer's manual. The external siren stopped working, but the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would like to upgrade our existing, wired, burglar alarm system for smart alarm system. We don't use it as the cat keeps setting it off...
Replies
Views
I had 3 Uniview cameras (POE) and a NVR installed a couple of months ago by a local electrician, last job before the lockdown. I had planned to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have just set up a WiFi CCTV camera (SimShine Alloy 1S) which appears to be working as it should - very good image and sound quality...
Replies
Views
Replaced old twin wire fire alarm system due to age and false alarms. Even with the new panel still getting false alarms and cabling is not the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all I have come on here in hope for some advice if possible. Yesterday my wife was at home with my three children when she smelt a strong...
Replies
Views
Got a couple of jobs to price up, for mates really. I have some experience with CCTV, but I don’t do it regularly. Looking at Hikvision, IP, 4...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Our door access is being upgraded to Paxton Net2 soon. We are also looking at electronic time and attendance hardware that can integrate...
Replies
Views
Hi It's a panel I fitted myself circa 20yrs ago on a private rented property Fire condition on zone 1 , 3 zones in use No indicators lit on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a door entry system with fobs to operate a mag lock on a door. Ideally I would have a system which records of log of what...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, Please can someone give me some advice. I have a Veritas R8 Alarm. The alarm was originally fitted by an alarm company. Over the 5 years...
Replies
Views
Hi I have replaced my old Comlit intercom with a new Comlit 2702. My problem is that the intercom works fine. But the door doesn't open - no noise...
Replies
Views
So I have two alarm panels (garage and home): Accenta 6 - has keyswitch and set terminals Accenta Optima G3 - zones can be configured to keyswitch...
Replies
Views
Looking for electrician to install security camera 2 front and 2 back walls of house. 8 soffit downloghts front and 8 back side of house - wiring...
Replies
Views
Hi I was wondering if anyone had issues trying to view live camera feeds over the Internet with esp HD view systems. The 16 camera system we...
Replies
Views
Hi all, wondering if anyone could give me some info regarding CCTV install training. I'm a full time electrician (NVQ 3, AM2, 2391, 18th etc) but...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a set of FAAC gates. They work on a master switch a sim card opening system where my phone opens the gates. Everything was working...
Replies
Views
GU10 LED lamps fitted externally in IP 65 fitting Hi, anyone know or had an issue with LED GU10 lamps in an external fitting failing? Fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this one is for the cctv gurus Installing a cctv system with 14 HiKVision is cameras. 13 of which are via wireless bridges as it is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a wired alarm system with a Securitech Active 5 control panel and Lynteck Vortex bellbox. It has worked fine for many years until...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been asked if i could disconnect the above and then reconnect it as the pillar it is mounted on is being replaced. Would anyone be able...
Replies
Views
Its an area I might venture into . And I find I like to use one brand for things as you get to know them better and the jobs work out better for...
Replies
Views
can anyone recommend a decent quality wildlife camera? This is not cctv related. one of my customers enjoys watching the wildlife in their garden...
Replies
Views
What is the best way to power down the above system in order to remove an outside bell box. I have looked outside the control panel and there are...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back