Questions and electrical advice in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) - Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public). Chat with other electricians about Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV Systems. This area of the forum is public, if you want the out-of-public area that's access only, then you need to apply for access and prove you're in the trade. For obvious reasons!!.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
Hello. How do you replace an optima xm6 outside bell box. What would be a reasonable replacement and what connections would i find in the box...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have an optima xm6 alarm. If i need to omit a pir zone the user guide is clear and it is easy. However, if i omit a pir zone and later...
Replies
Views
Hello. Could anyone tell me how to remove this type of pir on an optima xm6 system. As shown in the attachment the pir has a hole underneath the...
Replies
Views
I have a wireless texecom panel with v3.02 firmware, and I want to add a texecom ethernet connect unit but the panel has to be upgraded to version...
Replies
Views
I've been seeing on social media the past few weeks that there have been a few attempted break-ins to people's property. Does anyone recommend a...
Replies
Views
hi guys, looking for a bit of help on the above alarm, how do you setup the alarm so that you can turn off pir zones at night time. thanks in advance
Replies
Views
We have a veritas R8 with remote keypad. Currently there is the one pass number which allow users to set all/part of the system. I would like to...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a scantronic 9800 control panel with Aritech sensors. One of the window shock sensors has a continual red led lit. The system is around...
Replies
Views
any fire alarm gurus about tonight? :smiley2::smiley2:
Replies
Views
Hi I installed a Paxton mag lock door entry system for the first time yesterday. My question is: The magnetic itself felt quite hot after a short...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have installed a Galaxy G2-12, one door contact, one PIR. Very simple set up and it all works fine however it won't unset from the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have recently rewired a 4 bedroom house in which i have installed 4 telephone points throughout the house as requested by the client. i...
Replies
Views
Hi, Got a customer who currently has an Enterview 3 system, 1 mag lock, 1 external unit and 4 handsets over 4 floors. They want to upgrade to...
Replies
Views
Just installed a load of Aico smokes for a customer in one of his rentals and he mentioned remote access to the system. Looking at Aico they have...
Replies
Views
I have been reading all I can as we approach our build. I know what I want...programmable, accessible anywhere on smartphone, cameras as well as...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of an IP cctv camera that can be viewed directly from any browser such as Safari, chrome or Firefox NOT IE
Replies
Views
I work in facilities management and I'm looking to clarify the rules for replacing fire alarm components like call points or door magnets. Could...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Can someone recommend a decent cctv system for a customers workshop. Lots of expensive gear in there and he’d like to keep an eye on it...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have installed HS342S honeywell alarm, alls good but, one wireless door sensor keeps showing low battery, I have changed it for a new...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Can a roller shutter door be operated from two positions, inside and out? There is currently a key switch outside and would like an...
Replies
Views
What are recommendations for cost effective home alarm systems, WiFi / RF, and Nest/Google Home compatible as already have Nest Cams?
Replies
Views
I have a Comelit 2103 unit installed (see pics) which id like to replace with a brand new 2703u unit. Can anyone assist and tell me where each...
Replies
Views
Been having issues with a pair of linked Actulux SVM controllers. If the fire alarm is triggered the controllers show 'Alarm' and the AOVs open...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just got a texecom connect notification that 'A System Low Battery Alarm Occured'. I'm wanting to find out what this means? I'm a total...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to set up a Hikvision video doorbell to trigger a honeywell digital chime. I ran into an intermittent issue, where the power kit...
Replies
Views
Good evening all Im after a system that has CCTV, Intruder alarm and door entry video system all in one, I want it to be app based Any products...
Replies
Views
My burglar alarm went off last night when it wasn't even set. When I went to Keypad it was showing TAMPER with a Red light. I could not silence it...
Replies
Views
I am being a little cheeky and posting a question which is not strictly electrical (in fact not at all electrical) but which I am sure you...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is there a third party app that i would be able to connect to Paxton Net2 Entry via IP to be able to answer calls and trigger relays. As...
Replies
Views
I recently done wiring for 4 channel CCTV with NVR. So i Install each CCTV with Cat5 Ethernet cable with 12VDC power supply. I connect all the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a problem with a premier elite 24 pannel that has just been installed. Its a small system with 1 keypad, 4 zones and a smart com. I...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon! My family has a vacation house in the UK, but now due to the pandemic, we cannot get there. I am thinking about installing a...
Replies
Views
Curious to know the changes, ----ed but not surprised, yet MORE outlay. Thoughts?
Replies
Views
We are using a Bell BL106-4 on the main door. Code entry to open the door, buzzers for each flat. Simple. Only now we want to add access control...
Replies
Views
I am making a security door system with reed type magnet switch. I have tried it on my desk and it works. I can set the time to stay on for...
Replies
Views
Hi all can anyone tell me if a 12v3.7amp battery is ok to use. In this panel thanks always used a 12v3.2 ampthanks guys
Replies
Views
Da abacus key pad if anyone selling must be in good working condition fair price thanks guys the push buttons on mine have worn so looking to...
Replies
Views
Hi all can anyone help please can’t set alarm says on Pannel Super fail have changed main battery in control panel also in pir. Still the same...
Replies
Views
Screwfix doing a good price on this... 8 channel DVR kit Anyone used them? Ease of use? Are the colour at night cameras as good as Hikvision...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I just wanted peoples views on security cameras that don’t need Wifi, it is for someone who lives in a remote area and has no internet...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have had an Acenta G4 alarm fitted for 5 years. It has been fine until recently, however the keypad now appears to have failed...
Replies
Views
Having to replace all the fixings in an empty flat for a landlord next week, and they also want the intercom changing - apparently the dirty brown...
Replies
Views
At my place of work, some of the properties have D2 smoke & heat detectors. They link into a warden call system via relay base. We need to replace...
Replies
Views
Hi We're a block of flats about to purchase some new external doors, and an intercom. Up to this point in time we've not had an intercom, and our...
Replies
Views
Hi peeps, First time posting here I've had a bit of a search for any previous answers but not found anything which surprises me. I'm hoping the...
Replies
Views
anyone know if i can get a replacement (panel or PCB). the Ideal used ID biscuits in detectors so it needs to be either an Ideal or compatible.
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m doing a kitchen extension rewrite for a customer and they’ve recently moved in with an existing alarm system in place. They have the...
Replies
Views
I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 to play with but the owner doesn't remember the admin password. I've tried the default of 12345 but that's not...
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone have the set-up manual for the above over door dual sensor? Many thanks, Freddo
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock