Currently reading:
connection of pv onto system with diesel standby generators

Discuss connection of pv onto system with diesel standby generators in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

paulsamuel1984

I was hoping someone could help with the following query....

Is there any additional protection that has to be incorporated if you connect PV onto an electrical system with a standby generator connected.

The DNO has advised that an additional G59 relay panel is not required at it is under 50kW and we propose g59/2 type inverters.

Can i connect the inverters as per normal? I assume that if the mains failed, the pV would automatically trip out and ould not run in parallel with the generator.

Any help?!!

Paul

I was assured by sma that the inverters would sense the back up generater voltage sine wave and would only start to generate once the grid voltage was presant but please speak to sma for clarification or an interlock would be required.

Thanks reelectrics,

I am currently awaiting a response from SMA, as I am using 15kW Tripower inverters.

Did you go ahead with the installation without any interlocks installed then?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul.

I think it was you who I spoke to yesterday about a interlock.

Have a look at the word document attached

Attachments

• PV Interlock.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 91

Reply to connection of pv onto system with diesel standby generators in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back