Search the forum,

Discuss Do you need Part P for Straight swap. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jonesyc894

Been asked to change a fuse board. Its not getting moved just straight swap, do I need to be part P to do it?? (Got all other relevant qualifications).

You don't need part P to do the swap (IMHO) but you do you to be registered with a "body" to be able to do the necessary notifications for LABC.

Or inform the LABC 30 days prior to work commencing. That way you do not need to be a member of a scheme. Oh, but expect a hefty bill for their services.

Best to get registered mate

local area building control. otherwise known as the CG ( council gestapo )

are you considering joining elecsa , napit or the other one? if so, use the CU change for assessment, along with a minor job. test and certify it, then notify through your chosen scam prvider after passing the assessment.

Reply to Do you need Part P for Straight swap. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. Slightly out of the ordinary, but I'm looking to replacing between 60 to 100 standard size E27 bulbs with LED equivalent. The catch is...
Replies
Views
Morning all, Really hoping to get some advice / confirm what a few of us are thinking about a job in the future. Back ground - We have to swap...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi to everyone, this is my first post so if is been already asked/answered please guide me to the relevant discussion/thread. I don't know...
Replies
Views
Seeking advice, we have been replacing extractor fans for a local council and was originally told no ‘like for like’ replacement works needs a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back