Discuss Level 3 Design Project - Design Current in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I'm doing my Level 3 Electrical Install course, and I'm doing distance learning so most of the work is being done by myself with no guidance.

I'm doing the design project, and just had a couple quick questions.

Question 4 asks about circuit details for the cafe/pool block, with the first one being design current. The table states info such as "this food holding unit requires a 16A 400v 3-phase supply". Just to be 100% sure, the wattage would just be 16*400=6400w, right? The only 3-phase design current calculation I know of is (Ib=watts/√3 x 400 x pf), would that be correct?

Secondly it asks about 4 fridges supplied by 2x 16A single phase circuits to socket outlets. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this means that each 16A circuit has 2 fridges connected to it, so would the total wattage be 16*230=3680w(for 2 fridges)? I understand that Ib=In for socket outlets, but it still asks to state wattage.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Reply to Level 3 Design Project - Design Current in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm doing an design project at college and are onto my cable calcs now and I'm fine with my lighting circuits and the fridge and dishwasher...
Replies
Views
So I’m doing my level 3 design project at the moment, and I’m on the question where you do all the calculations on each circuit, I’ve taken the...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm currently doing C&G 2365 Level 3 I'm working through the 305 design assignment (Swimming pool, hotel etc.) Other then this assignment I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im in the process of doing my level 3 project for the hotel extension and Cafe pool so please check the attached screenshots maybe someone can...
Replies
Views
I live in Thailand and my home has 240v, 3 phase power supply. I want to add an electric car charger but first want to determine what the outlet...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock