Discuss Potential boiler issue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks Dave.
Yes it has only been related to the kitchen tap thus far and only has ever tripped in the evening time when washing up dinner plates. Has not happened during the day when using the kitchen tap (as mentioned above the boiler has been checked twice running through various cycles- high / low fire etc and didn’t trip)
So question is should we seek to find an electrician or a plumber to look at it?
Forgot to add here that the heating is on during the time this has happened

I think it would help if you posted a picture of your consumer unit and indicate which device on it trips.
We might then be able to suggest some diagnostic steps to narrow the problem down, and the steps vary depending on the consumer unit design.
And this is very much one for an electrician not a plumber at this point.

I think it would help if you posted a picture of your consumer unit and indicate which device on it trips.
We might then be able to suggest some diagnostic steps to narrow the problem down, and the steps vary depending on the consumer unit design.
And this is very much one for an electrician not a plumber at this point.
Hi Tim
Many thanks for your reply.
See attached. It is only ever that one that trips and it covers downstairs lights, sockets, cooker and boiler.

Attachments

• IMG_3537.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
Hi Tim
Many thanks for your reply.
See attached. It is only ever that one that trips and it covers downstairs lights, sockets, cooker and boiler.
Ok, you need a decent electrician. One that understands what his tests are doing.

It's possible for them to take a measurement, run the tap, take another measurement, and determine which circuit is affecting the measurement. Then by further testing that circuit they can home in on the problem.
If it takes 15-20 minutes to reset each time, it's not going to be too bad to find, as it's a reproducible fault.

Reply to Potential boiler issue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net