Currently reading:
Wiring replacement flood light

Discuss Wiring replacement flood light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gizmoo

DIY
Reaction score
I'm replacing a flood light with a new one.
When I took off the back of the new light for wiring I noticed that the fourth terminal to the right has a red wire at the top and a white one beneath it. See photo
That has confused me a little as the old lamp had the black wire going into the terminals where the two white wires are connected.

What I would like to know is where does the extra spare black from my supply go, its the one shown in the photo which is not yet connected ?

The first and second photos shows the previous arrangement where the black wire goes into the block shared by the two white wires.

The set up is that two flood lights come on together regardless of which sensor picks up first. They can both also be switched on and off from the inside via a switch as well.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210331_134629.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20210331_135126.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210331_144044.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 36
However after all this self indulgence no one has been able yo answer the basic wiring question regarding which way the wires go. No wonder Wembley took so long to build

And nobody will. It's not self indulgence, it's a case of not wanting to risk a dangerous situation remaining in place.

I'm sure some would like to make a suggestion as to where to shove your wires. How many times do you need telling, advice will not be forthcoming from any professional electrician because your setup is DANGEROUS.
That's speaks volumes of your work ethic, talk a good story but in the end its the same bodge. Your comments are a clise second to the gas safe ferternity.

How many halogen lamps gave you fitted or have you refused to install them as well because your good practice doesn't allow you to, or are you waiting for the real doom and gloom from the led sector telling us we'll grow three heads if they stay on long enough. Get real and get back to answering the real question if you can,

That's speaks volumes of your work ethic, talk a good story but in the end its the same bodge. Your comments are a clise second to the gas safe ferternity.

How many halogen lamps gave you fitted or have you refused to install them as well because your good practice doesn't allow you to, or are you waiting for the real doom and gloom from the led sector telling us we'll grow three heads if they stay on long enough. Get real and get back to answering the real question if you can,

Diesel cars, halogen lamps. Good god man, what are you talking about?

If you aren't happy with the advice then feel free to try elsewhere. Free country.

I see you're also not a fan of gas engineers as well as electricians. Is there anybody you do have respect for?

I have no idea who he/she/it is however the person seems very rude, ignorant and with a very poor command of the English language, particularly spelling. Possibly been drinking too ?
No need to excite yourselves, I asked a simple question with very poor results.

If someone can answer fair enough if not please don't give me a lecture about the rights and wrongs. I did not ask for that part of the works

No need to excite yourselves, I asked a simple question with very poor results.

If someone can answer fair enough if not please don't give me a lecture about the rights and wrongs. I did not ask for that part of the works

Blimey you don't give up do you. Oh well, nowt on telly.

I asked a simple question with very poor results.

You ride in on a sleigh with a bold [sic] tyre asking for directions to Lapland. By post #2 I've drawn attention to the tyre problem and by post #4 I've answered the question without endorsing sledding on the bold [sic] tyre. Poor eh?

BTW regards to Rudolf, tell him I want the Voltstick back.

Reply to Wiring replacement flood light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock