£10,500 for 3.5kw system? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss £10,500 for 3.5kw system? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cancel immediately, and name and shame and report to RECC please.

That is more likely to take 15 years to repay than 5 years. To give an idea, most of our genuine payback times for domestic customers are in the 7-8 year region, but that is for systems at around £6.5k for 4kWp, not £15k for 3.5kWp, so this is straight out fraud IMO.

Just had a quote from Solarking for 10 k for a 3kw system. It came down to 8.5k with a magic number they input (I immediately smelt a rat) as it was only valid until the end of the day. The monthly fee was 80 quid which I thought was ok with the leccy savings as I pay £150 a month for electric due to wife being disabled. BUT then they let on they had assumed a £2250 deposit would be paid.

Latest is they are "phoning the fitting team" to see if they can get the price down...........

We install in Kiddy :) - one of my teams is based near Amada :)

Just had a quote from Solarking for 10 k for a 3kw system. It came down to 8.5k with a magic number they input (I immediately smelt a rat) as it was only valid until the end of the day. The monthly fee was 80 quid which I thought was ok with the leccy savings as I pay £150 a month for electric due to wife being disabled. BUT then they let on they had assumed a £2250 deposit would be paid.

Latest is they are "phoning the fitting team" to see if they can get the price down...........
do not go with solarking. seriously, life is too short to deal with that sort of sales nightmare.

find a company that knows what they're doing and will give you a fair price to start with.

Small domestic should be no more than 5.5k

i just built a 4kW for 5.5k using K2 dome and made 2k

i was lucky to go head to head with a ****ing scumbag named Kevin who works for "My planet solar" scum of the earth this franchise branch was. Don't know the companies main practice but this one was a franchise. I took pleasure in stripping this guy down on speaker phone with the dear old fella laughing his head off.

£15,500 with Barclays or rbs finance. I looked at the figures which were jotted down on a piece of A4 with drawings and numbers everywhere

the dear old bloke told me this salesman called Paul spent the best part of a day pressure selling until he signed. Luckily I managed to cancel this contract and release him. Total time for payback was 17 years and he was in his 80's. I think year twenty saw a £1,300 profit.

These scumbags need naming, oh sheeeeet I nearly forgot they calculated 25 year fit and export tariff HAHAHAHAH going to report them soon just a tad busy

so the company again was

MY PLANET SOLAR.

Stay well clear unless you are a banker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your efforts akaPABLO. Good to hear of another success in avoiding ridiculous charges by rip off companies & their name appearing here will no doubt ensure more people Googling for "MY PLANET SOLAR" will have a chance to be saved from them.

If you were thinking of complaining to RECC, then consider the following before spending precious time on it as I’m still complaining about "Mainframe UK". Below are a few excerpts from RECC’s replies to my complaint:

"...I note that you mentioned that --- feels that the job was overpriced, however please note that the Consumer Code does not set out any requirements with regard to the prices charged by member companies for renewable products." - So the message is clear, give ripping off old folks a go, RECC won't object.

They don't investigate if you have had your deposit refunded:
As --- has now had her deposit refunded by Mainframe UK Ltd and the contract has been cancelled… she is now in the financial position that she would have been in had she not entered into a contract with the company…..For this reason I’m afraid we are unable to take the matter further through our complaints procedure.”

Unfortunately, as these procedures are confidential while they are ongoing, we are unable to provide you with details of the specific action(s) that have been, or will be taken, in respect of Mainframe UK Ltd” –How very convenient.

“We therefore analyse closely all the complaints we receive, and summarise any alleged instances of non-compliance. ….In some cases we refer the companies to the Non-compliance Panel. – Alleged, summarise, some cases , refer (on) – sounds like a cop out to me.

There is more, but I guess you get the idea.

This is also after waiting over 8 weeks for first reply (they said would reply within 8 weeks (as though that was acceptable) but needed prompting) & requesting me to send them copies of everything (it was just expected I had a home office).
Regularly
Excusing
Conning
Companies.

Hehe yeah MY PLANET SOLAR

i have a better story than that which spans millions and a particular old conman. It took me months to ruin this one guy, had a liable action case against me with claims for compensation with loss of earnings and character defamation. The whole nine yards. It got very stressful fighting the liable case but after I managed to collect all the data and the contracts with witness statements and all that shyte I eventually won.

i took on a top commercial litigator from the old boy network. This firm has been operating since the 1854, with a right hard --- litigator.

1 hour before deadline of my evidence presentation I had everything. With a big smile I faxed this shista through all the docs and at 4pm on a Friday afternoon 10mins after the fax received a call requesting we go no further and that the client wanted to terminate all pursuit. Lol one of the most satisfying moments I've had was unveiling this conman who managed to get a 700k contract from me. He's fooked now, ruined rep and surviving off this one large profit his last.

Soon on after he and his partners broke up, not sure what they are doing now but I was asked to sign a gag but never responded. I still have all the files as leverage, priceless.

Did is I tell you about my planet solar? Maybe next time.

Reply to £10,500 for 3.5kw system? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net