12v Auto circuit solution sort! Dodge Ram1500 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 12v Auto circuit solution sort! Dodge Ram1500 in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Dodge Ram 1500 Gen 4 rear lights conversion (CAD import); Problem. When I brake my rear brake light come on but so do my indicator lights (they don't flash at this time). So I have a wire along it travels a brake signal and a turn signal, when either of those functions are operated. This wire currently is used as a turn signal. I want to shut all current off along this wire when the brake pedal is pressed effectively shutting down the indicator. When the foot comes off the pedal the indicator can work again. So is there some kind of diode that only blocks when energised. Thinking I take a brake signal from a brake secondary circuit to energise the blocking device. As a mechi that's the best I can think of but what can do that. Anyone?!!

You can solve the issue by using a normally closed relay that disconnects the turn signal when the brake is pressed and reconnects it when the brake is released.
Thanks a lot FG; Thanks for that solution, I was looking along the same direction and yesterday ordered two 5 pin 12v 40A relays from Amazon and watching youtube videos on wiring up in the format of a 'killswitch' style. So great you confirmed this would would work, otherwise I would be blindly going forward 'trial and error'. Great !! If you or anyone else, know another solution involving the electronics boxes (BCM or CANBUS), we would really appreciate a pointer. Thanks again. Solutions with cheap fixes feel-so-gooood!!! Have an awesome day.

Reply to 12v Auto circuit solution sort! Dodge Ram1500 in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net