18th edition live cinema screening | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 18th edition live cinema screening in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Du dum du dum du du du du dum..........

[ElectriciansForums.net] 18th edition live cinema screening

I will buy the book later on in the year.....hopefully will be heavily discounted by then, when they realise its not on the best sellers list.
Will you get inclusive NIC drinks or Elecsa fries or will CEF offer a free seat upgrade once your in the door and slap £100 on for overheads? Cant wait me.

I will buy the book later on in the year.....hopefully will be heavily discounted by then, when they realise its not on the best sellers list.
Will you get inclusive NIC drinks or Elecsa fries or will CEF offer a free seat upgrade once your in the door and slap £100 on for overheads? Cant wait me.
Me, I have a free ticket,plus the goodies from NICEIC/ELECSA

Wait until the 19th ed then you can pick up the 18th cheap.......

Looks like the excitement has stunned everyone as they are somewhat quiet of their experiences, so many ambulances called out to geriatric cardiac arrests in one day and a ------ shortage.

I blagged the VIP tickets for free and the guy selling the book gave me 5 free copies as he couldn't be arsed to pack them up and took us to a strip club in Soho.

Warning, boobies and more on show.......... don't have heart attacks.......

Last edited by a moderator:
No replies, there must be a stunned silence as the 18th Edition have announced they have gone back to how we used to wire up in 1958 and have to wear slippers when working at domestics.

Please explain what point that you are trying to make as I getting to understand why people on the forum are putting you on the ignore list.
To whom are you referring to Ant? as I can't see the post you are answering.

My experience ...apart from some "Blue Peter" presenting, commercials trying to sell you coke with the free popcorn (not the white stuff), it was ok, good to stop for a morning. I was contemplating walking out after the first part which included procrastinating the definition of the word departures (which might be a nice way of departing from any reg in bs7671 with good reason!!) but hung on to some interesting snippets of which included AFDD fire protection(siemens)and SDP(by Dehn). Now AFDDs which are recommended/to be considered, are not effective in ring finals...so lets make light ccts ring finals and see what happens!!.
  • Little changes to cert forms(phew, dont have to amend mine much)...not touched in detail though.. another box in test results to include what voltage you are testing at, due to increasing use of electronic equip, USB skts.etc.etc..I have a notes section for that anyway.
  • Tick box for not mixing manufacturers equipment (EICR i think)...now I have to disagree here...if all equipment is tested differently then what is happening to the BS EN standards?...is this commercially led per chance ??? ....sorry I digress....I could put N/A or Lim in the box i suppose.
MICHAEL FARADAY...now he was a highlight....he looks well younger than his 200+ years, not only was his speech interesting but he was still wearing the same clothes.
A very very young lad who appeared helping on stage few times was asked at the end what he thought of the show..." a bit boring"....bless him...he was given a big present by Emma containing stuff to build circuits....just hope when he gets home he does not connect it to 230v..... my stepson did with a 9v circuit years ago, sat dazed on the carpet slightly charred/charged. As for the electrician, asked what he would charge to rewire an average house in London for an example ....3K .....3k?....and no one batted an eye.

• Regulation 521.10.202 requires cables to be adequately supported against their premature collapse in the event of a fire. This applies throughout the installation and not just in escape routes. (now I may have to rethink when extending socket outlets via floor boards, lift more boards , support more,...use cut off cable with nails as a clip...done years ago, use banding as I do in escape routes...same with downlight cabling in existing ceilings!!!
  • Regulation 522.8.10 concerning buried cables has been modified to include an exception for SELV cables.
  • Bonding....plastic water supply....mainly metal in house = No bond.
  • Metallic pipes entering the building having an insulating section at their point of entry need not be connected to the protective equipotential bonding (Regulation 411.3.1.2).
  • The maximum disconnection times stated in Table 41.1 now apply for final circuits up to 63 A with one or more socket-outlets and 32 A for final circuits supplying only fixed connected current-using equipment (Regulation 411.3.2.2).
If there was a bit more detail on the changes, it would have been great....until I get the book and sit a course I wont know.

I came away thinking, with ex Niceic on committies like JPEL and working for the IET there is a big commercial interest here. Who knows, maybe manufacturers may well be or are a big influence/contributer to the later writing of BS7671. It would have been good to have a proper Q&A question time with IET bods and persons with past experience, hands on designing or on the tools.
Maybe we could go way back to a regulation that has half the pages and applies more common sense......
I only had water and didn't touch the coke .

Last edited:
@Midwest got nothing to say?
I’m currently luxuriating on a cruise ship in the Baltic Sea, along with a couple of thousand Mr & Mrs Miggins. Came here to avoid the World Cup and this crappy film release, but we somehow ended up in Russia. I’ve been checking the daily programme to see if it’s being beamed onboard ship, but dancing classes and bridge & wist seem to be more favourite. Just had lunch just after breakfast, having a lie down before squeezing in afternoon tea before dinner.
Just seen the bar bill, need to do some more overtime.

Wish you were here. Hope the film screening goes well, when will the sequel be out?

I’m currently luxuriating on a cruise ship in the Baltic Sea, along with a couple of thousand Mr & Mrs Miggins. Came here to avoid the World Cup and this crappy film release, but we somehow ended up in Russia. I’ve been checking the daily programme to see if it’s being beamed onboard ship, but dancing classes and bridge & wist seem to be more favourite. Just had lunch just after breakfast, having a lie down before squeezing in afternoon tea before dinner.
Just seen the bar bill, need to do some more overtime.

Wish you were here. Hope the film screening goes well, when will the sequel be out?
Never I hope

Reply to 18th edition live cinema screening in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net