18th Edition ????? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 18th Edition ????? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CRAGS

Hi all I have recently heard word that there is plans for the 18th edition in 2011 can anyone verify that this is true??? I have booked in to do my 17th Edition exam in Jan 2010 if the 18th edition comes out in 2011 and you have done your 17th edition do you have to sit another course and exam???

Hi there.

There are a lot of wispers doing the rounds as regards the 18th edition, none of which are cast iron.

With regard to updating from 17th to 18th then yes there would be another course and exam, but more than likely an update course such as exists now for people updating from 16th to 17th rather than the full course.

The update is a 1 day 30 question affair, whereas the full course is 4 days and 60 question exam.

Upvote 0
I doubt we will ever see a 18th edition;)

Yes there will be ammendments and the book colour will change but thats nothing new is it,have heard the first ammendment will be out before 2011 and will be green if past colours are anything to go by;)

Upvote 0
Thanks guys will go ahead and do the 17th edition course was thinking it was going be a waste of money if the 18th was coming out in 2011. But may aswell do it then it is only a update if the 18th does go ahead.

I am booked in to do the 17th on a 3 month course 2 hours a week for £275 with exam does that sound reasonable??

Upvote 0
yes thats about right, i did mine at nights too, 3 hrs a week for ten weeks. My course was cheaper because it was last years course prices.

my 2391 is the same price, but we have just had a refund as our lecturer has had an heart attack, and no-one to step in. my exam is next month , so its a free exam , but no practicle assesment.:(

so in a nut shell thats a aveerage price.:)

Upvote 0
As someone else said, the first amendment to the 17th Edition is due. There were numerous amendments to the 16th Edition and other previous editions. Why do people think that an amendment equates to an 18th Edition?

If past editions are anything to go by then the 17th Edition should be around for a number of years yet.

Upvote 0

Reply to 18th Edition ????? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net