2 gang fused socket | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2 gang fused socket in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

3 gang sockets have to be fused. I want to know if there is such a thing as a fused 2 gang. The reason is I want to run a fused spur from a double socket but that double socket is already a spur from the ring. If I change the double socket for a fused socket then problem solved. Otherwise I have to fit another fused spur prior to the socket which is impractical in this circumstance.

Change the spured socket to a 3 gang metal box (a single box attached to a double box). Place the switched fuse spur up-line of the circuit.

Then spur away with your 13 amps innit.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm. re-reading op's earlier posts. if you were to fit a fused S/O, be it 2 gang ot 3 gang, the fuse would only protect that socket outlet. it would not protect anything you spurred from it. your only optrion is to fit a FCU before the existing spurred socket. bit of hole bashing called for, methinks.

Reply to 2 gang fused socket in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net